Followers

Thursday 26 April 2012

Circle Quartet: 29


Chapter 29

I couldn’t stop staring blankly at Stefan. That name stuns me. I can’t believe that he is the stray dog that I’ve been searching for. No words come out from my mouth and Stefan is getting worry as I haven’t say anything after he said Cody’s name. Maybe he is the one that I should be careful of. Granddaddy Saba and Dad told me before that I should beware of a stray dog. Why they want me to be aware of Cody? Is he connected to Alse the Black Magic Woman?

Stefan continues telling me about Cody as I calm myself and told him to tell me more about that stray dog. Cody’s parents died in a mission 15 years ago. Cody’s father was Stefan’s father twin brother and willing to do anything for his brother. Cody’s father married to a werewolf from the minor clan so Stefan’s father has the right to be the next leader as he married to a major clan.

On the third day of the mission, they were attacked by a group of black magic users. Dad was there too, together with Uncle Yale. The fight occurred and they couldn’t easily defeat the black magic users. One of them tried to strike Uncle Azure with black poison but Cody’s father used himself as the shield to protect Uncle Azure. He died during the battle and asked Uncle Azure to take care of Cody for his mother died when he was born.

Cody was 8 years old at that time and Uncle Azure took him and raised him as his own son. He was very happy because the Silver family took a great care of him and he was very close to Zayne and Stefan. One day, when he was 15 and coming back from school, his relatives from his mother’s side came to Stefan’s house to discuss about Cody. And at that time, he learnt that he’s a stray dog and needed to be taken care under the minor clan. Cody got mad and blamed Uncle Azure that he didn’t tell that he’s from the minor clan as his mother was dead on the day he was born. He said that he hated the Silvers and made decision to stay with his relatives of the minor clan.

“That’s too bad for Cody,” I think I can understand how he feels.

“Yeah. Mom and Dad tried to convince him that he also belongs to our family but he didn’t want to listen to them,” says Stefan.

We are not in the library anymore. Stefan and I walk to the fountain and sit there. We stay silence for a while.

“Why do you want to know about stray dog?” Stefan breaks the silence.

I turn to him and stare at him for a while. “Your Granddaddy and my Dad told me to stay away from stray dog. First, I thought they were just joking. But when I realized that they sounded seriously, I decided to find out about stray dog.”

“Stay away from Cody?” asks Stefan.

“Maybe,” I reply hesitantly. “I don’t know. I’m shock knowing that Cody is the stay dog,” I sigh heavily, blowing the white puff from my mouth as the night is kind of cold.

“If you need any help, you can tell me. I don’t want you to carry this burden on your own,” he pats on my back gently. “Does Jeff know about this?”

I shake my head slowly. “No. I don’t want him to be worried. Besides, there’s one thing that we all should be worried of.”

“Yeah,” Stefan sighs, “I know. The special training will be starting soon. I hope that we’re in the same team again, with your cousin Abbie,” he smiles. I know that he wants me to calm down.



The special force training is not as easy as the training that I have gone through before. This one is much tougher and needs a lot of stamina and skills. We’re now dealing with the most dangerous person in this world and we need to stop her from getting her powers back.

Abbie and I are working hard on our training and lucky for us that we train under Jeff’s team. We’re now the assassins and tonight is the night of our first dangerous mission. Alse has managed to create monsters to destroy humans and us, of course. She’s thirst of our blood and to make her stay stronger, she needs the blood from normal human too.

Stefan is part of our team too; I’m glad that he’s one of our team and will join us for the mission. Jeff explains everything in details and we need to scatter into group of four. Abbie goes with Jeff while I go with Stefan. Stefan and I, and the rest of our team, go to the south to stop the monsters from going to another town.

The mission sounds quite easy; just destroy the monsters, but it’s not as easy as it seems. Those monsters are too difficult to handle and our team need to stop 5 monsters from trespassing another town. Those monsters come in many shapes and ugly. Some of them are able to use poisons. We need to be careful on that.

It takes two hours to destroy all those monsters and I nearly run out of energy. One of my teammate, a vampire from the minor clan, offers me a bottle of blood to drink but I refuse to take it because he’s slightly injured and he needs the blood more than I do. We take a rest for a while and some of them have gone to the Academy.

“I think we should go back too,” I say, still exhausted.

Come, I’ll carry you, says Stefan who is in werewolf mode.

“Sure,” I smile and hop on his back. Suddenly, Stefan senses something and he turns around. His ears stand up and he pricks something. “What is it, Stefan?” I ask.

Granddaddy is in danger! We must go and hurry to him!

I hold on tight to Stefan’s back and he runs as swiftly as he can. I know that he’s worry about Granddaddy Saba for he also is in the mission to stop Alse. We reach to an area which is to shock to be seen. Bodies of injured people lay on the ground. Some of them are groaning in pain. Then Nash appeared with his injured shoulder.

“Nash!” I cry and hop down from Stefan’s back. His legs wobble and I help him to stand. “What happened, Nash?”

“We’ve been attacked,” groaned Nash. I call for Deena and Beatrice by using telepathy and they are on their way. “Granddaddy…he’s been attacked!”

I look towards Stefan who is now in human mode and kneeling on the ground. Granddaddy Saba, who is lying on the ground, speaks with Stefan. I take Nash to him and am surprise to see Granddaddy Saba who is badly injured. His chest have been ripped by something sharp, like a claw, and blood splutter everywhere from his body. He can hardly breathe and Stefan gently put Granddaddy Saba’s head on his lap.

“Don’t talk too much, Granddaddy. You’re going to be okay,” whispers Stefan as he strokes Granddaddy Saba’s grey hair. Nash and I also kneel beside him. He looks so weak and he manages to smile to us.

“Who’s done this to you?” I ask, holding back my tears as I take his trembling hand.

Granddaddy Saba says something but I can’t hear what he’s trying to say. Deena and Beatrice arrive with the healing team and they quickly heal every injured people. Beatrice heals Granddaddy Saba while Deena heals Nash.

“We have to take him to the Academy. His wounds are too deep. Besides, he loses too much blood,” informs Beatrice. Stefan only nods and Beatrice calls for her friends to help her to get Granddaddy Saba back to the Academy.

Stefan and I watch everyone go until they leave. Only two of us are at the area now. I don’t know what to say to Stefan as he seems very angry.

“You’ll pay for this, Cody!” he grits his teeth and clenches his knuckles hard.


8 comments:

Parmita said...

This chapter was worth all the wait.
So exciting!

The battle has started in full swing. I was surprised to hear about Cody but he should have trusted the Silvers rather than going against them. Poor grandfather Saba! I hope that he recovers from his injury. Stefan got angry there. Cody will have to watch out.
This is a very enthralling chapter Feilong. Well done buddy!

I am the happiest to hear from you after such a long time.

This is awesome!!!

Ciklong said...

hello there Sui.

i've been taking a lot of time editing and changing some scenes of this chapter to make it more suspense. you see, i'm not good in making suspense in my writings.

the war has been started and the chapters onward will be much more serious. Alse is going to destroy all the main clans.

a lot of surprises will be coming soon and i hope you'll wait for that. haha. there will be a death scene (a spoiler for you)

thanks for waiting for so long, Sui. till we meet again in the next chapter :)

Noblesse Key said...

This is one exciting chapter.

I am quite scared of stray dogs 'coz i have painful experiences with them. But we have a dog at home, her name is Sam, and she has five puppies now.

Ciklong said...

noblesse key:

thank you. i have confident to write a suspense chapter. haha.

i have bad experience with stray dogs too when i was little. but i love dogs especially puppies.

Parmita said...

Hey Feilong!

You are one of the winners of the little game that we played on my blog. I have announced the results. If you have time do check this post:
http://imaginativespiral.blogspot.com/2012/04/tantalizing-eyes-winners.html

What do I read!!! Someone is going to die and the major clans will be destroyed. Oh no!!!
Now I am super intrigued. More please!

Ciklong said...

Sui: Hey there!

OMG!! Really?? YAY!! *jumps with joy* i'll go and take a look!

the chapter is getting darker and thriller. I'll try to make it more suspense than usual. the war is going to start. hope you will wait for who is going to die soon....bwahaha!

Eva Sapphire said...

I always love stories bout vampire!! This story is cool and FLAWLESS! You got so much swag in these! Cant wait for next chapter

Ciklong said...

Eva Sapphire:

thanks for reading and commenting on my novel it's a pleasure for me that you enjoy my story :)

the next chapter is up. hope you'll read it :)