Followers

Monday 14 May 2012

Circle Quartet: 31


Chapter 31

No one knows where exactly Alse and Cody are hiding. After getting some information from Squad 3, Jeff picks 5 people for Special Searching Squad including me and Stefan. The other three are Zayne, Raven and her twin sister Macie. Raina is supposed to be in our group but regarding to her carelessness, Jeff picks Macie. Even though Macie’s spell casting skill is not as good as Raina but she doesn’t act recklessly as Raina.

Hiding in shadows is my favourite ability. After being blooded, I have gone through a lot of training and this is one of the abilities that I really enjoy the most. To be an assassin, you must know how to hide yourself. Zayne and Stefan are hiding somewhere up on the tree and they are still in human mode. Raven shifts herself to bat to sense any magical wave from Alse. Macie and Jeff are making themselves invisible.

I slip from shadow to shadow. Tonight is the lucky night because the sky is quite clear and I can see the moon shines down to earth. Even though it’s not a full moon but at least it produces light to create the shadows. Then, I heard something rustling nearby. I stop and sharpen my hearing and my night vision.

I heard someone’s talking I use telepathy and connect to all my group members.

Where are you, Alice? Asks Jeff. I think he’s not too far from where I’m standing right now.

A bat flies over me and lands on my shoulder. I know it’s Raven.

Did you get anything? I ask.

There are rows of houses nearby and I sense a strong magic near the fourth house from the left. Says Raven. I nod. Alse is hiding among the humans because she needs human blood to stay alive, for now.

Cody must be with her right now. Let’s go and check it out. I’m ready to leap to another shadow but Stefan stops me from behind.

I don’t think you should go there by yourself, Alice. He holds my shoulder before I leap.

I’m not alone, Stefan. Raven is with me. I hiss.

But it might be dangerous. Just wait the signal from Macie and Jeff. Zayne says that they are planning something. Says Stefan.

Stefan is right, Alice. It’s too dangerous. We’re dealing with the top-rank bad-ass. There’s no way it’s going to be easy. Besides, we just want to know their hideout and the proof that Cody is with her. Raven hops to the branch and shifts back to normal.

We wait there for a couple of minute until we hear something weird nearby. Suddenly, I can feel a chill down to my spine. There’s a young woman with grey night gown standing near the tree where we hide.

Something wrong with that woman! We need to scram! Raven screams inside her head.

She swings her hands towards us.

Watch out! Stefan grabs my waist and jumps off the tree. Raven quickly shifts into a leopard and jumps with me and Stefan.

“Thanks, Stefan,” I say while panting hard. Stefan nods and stands in front of us. That woman really scares me and I don’t know why.

“Aww, you want to be a hero tonight, little cub,” that woman smiles evilly to us.

“Not only him, you old hag,” Jeff and the others appear within a second. “We’re going to stop you.”

That woman laughs. “You want to stop me?”

“What’s so funny, Alse? Or you just laugh because you’re outnumbered?” says Zayne. He stands side by side with Jeff and ready to fight.

That woman is Alse? But she’s too young!

“You’re right, Alice dear. I look young but I’m an old hag, just like your brother said. I want to be young forever and powerful. These humans give me what I need!” she smiles evilly at me.

She reads my mind? That’s mean, all this time, she heard us!

“Not really, Alice. I can’t read mind just like you did. But I hear certain whispers inside here,” she points to her head.

“Where’s Cody?” demands Zayne in a serious tone.

“Why do you want to know about my lovely pet? He’s mine, you damn wolf,” she scowls to Zayne but Zayne stays calm. “I don’t want to play with you, kids, tonight. I’m saving my playtime for a special occasion, even though you bring me what I need the most,” she chuckles.

“But at least I’ll show you my true self a little bit,” she smirks and slowly changes her appearance into an old hag. After her transformation, I suddenly gasp as I see her face.

“Looks like my little prey is getting scared,” she says in a singsong voice. Then she laughs heartily like she’s seeing a funny movie.

“It’s okay, Alice. I’m here,” Stefan whispers as he holds my hand firmly. “I won’t let her hurt you.”

But I still lock my gaze to Alse. Her face looks familiar!

“Well, I think I better get going now since I’m not in the mood to drink two precious bloods. Besides, it’s not even a full moon tonight. I’ll let you play with my cute little goblins!” She snaps her fingers and three ugly goblins appear. She, on the other hand, disappears into thin air.

Zayne, Jeff and Macie fight the goblins and within a second, they defeat those goblins. I don’t know why my legs are shaking wildly and I’m still holding Stefan’s hand tightly. I can feel the bead of sweats trickle down from my forehead.

“Alice, are you okay? God, you look pale!” asks Raven as she shifts back to normal, again.

I gulp. “That woman…her face looks like Grandma Zelda!”

2 comments:

Parmita said...

LOVE IT!
I want moooooore! This is getting so exciting. Yet another surprising revelation. Grandma Zelda! Goodness me! *gasp*
The wait for the next chapter is going to be even tougher than before. THIS IS ONE AWESOME STORY!!!
Keep writing dearest Feilong. I am very happy to see that you have grown so much as a writer. The twists and turns in the plot keeps me glued to the story.
CAN'T WAIT FOR MORE!!!
Your clues have intrigued me even more.
I am glad that you take out time from your busy schedule to write this incredible tale. Hope to read more soon.
Take care! :)

Ciklong said...

Sui:

I knew that you're going to like this one! I never wrote a story with twisted plot before. this is the first time. I can't stop smiling when you said you glued to the story. haha ^__^

i'll start marking the papers today but i really, really hope that i can post the next chapter in a week.

there will be more suspense and surprises afterwards. haha. thanks for reading and loving this chapter.

love you, buddy <3