Followers

Saturday 1 September 2012

Circle Quartet: 46


Chapter 46

Okay, this is a little bit shocking. I never thought that my guardian is my own great, great, great grandfather. But he looks quite young – younger than grandma Zelda, I suppose. Stefan is surprised too. Well, I think everybody is.

Alse grunts in frustration. Her face looks miserable, like a wicked witch in Snow White – she is wicked to begin with. “This cannot be happening to me! You ruined my plan!”

“What goes around comes around, Alse. You already put us all in misery. And now, it’s payback time!” I smirk annoyingly at her.

“You trick me, you little brat! You’re not supposed to know your past! Not tonight!”

“I already knew it, Alse. Of course I felt that I’ve been cheated all this time. But I’m not like you, Alse. Even though we share the same name, but I won’t betray my family. Never!”

“They are not your family!”

“Yes, they were. I was a human before. I died the night you abducted me and killed me. But Dad saved me and turned me into a vampire I’ve been brought back to live and I belong to the Amber family.”

I glance at my family who are standing nearby and wink at them. They show thumbs-up at me. That’s what I love my family. They always support me in whatever situation.

“And once again, you lose, Alse,” snorts grandfather Vlad.

“You’re supposed to be dead, Vlad!” growls Alse angrily. And I, for the first time, agree with her. How come my great, great, great grandfather Vlad is alive?

“A hero won’t be dead that easily, Alse. Besides, I’m a vampire. I’m immortal,” he says boastfully. I think he wants to make Alse more depress. Then he pats on my shoulder. “I think you should show her the thing that you’ve been saving for a special occasion.”

I look at him and nod. “Alright. Prepare to get scared, Alse. Because this is your nightmare,” I laugh excitedly and release my power. I feel great and pair of wings appears on my back. This is the transformation after drinking the sacred water from the fountain. It is too bad that Alse doesn’t know about it. And I like to look at her terrified face right now.

Everyone looks at in awe. I never have this kind of transformation before. I look at both of my palms. Have they grown bigger? Or it is just my imagination.

I turn around to face my family and the others. “Hey, how do I look?” I point to my face.

All of them show thumbs-up. “Awesome!”

Grandma Zelda and Grandma Maegan shake their heads while smiling. Granddaddy Saba lets out a loud cheer together with Grandma Tanya.

“Thank you for the cheers, guys. That’s really cool!” says great, great, great Grandfather Vlad.

“Alright. Let’s finish our business!” I crack my knuckles and so Stefan. Jeff shows some hand signs so that I know the next plan. This time we’re going to crush Alse.

Alse is scared now and she can’t run away because Jeff already put an invisible barrier. Stefan and I attack her together, showing no mercy. Her elegant face (that’s what she looks like before trapping us in her barrier) is now turns into – I can’t describe it by words. It’s too ugly to say. She falls into our trap and now she’s totally lost.

“This can’t be happening to me! I’m supposed to make Alice to join me so that I can drink her blood and that bloody werewolf!” she screams like a mad woman – she is a mad woman anyway. “This is not fair!”

“Fair? I tell you what fair is, Alse. You killed so many people just to show that you’re powerful so that people will look high upon you. You’re jealous to your sister because she’s stronger than you even though she’s younger than you. Face the fact, Alse. You can’t beat Zelda. Not in a hundred years!” says great Grandfather Vlad.

She screams again and this time she tries to lunge towards Grandfather Vlad. Grandfather Vlad just stands there, smiling. Stefan and I run towards Alse before she attacks.

“Repulsio!” Suddenly someone stops Alse’s attack.

“Nice move, Isidro,” smiles Grandfather Vlad.

Isidro? He’s one of Beatrice brothers. He’s one of The Necromancer Trio!

“Heroes always come late, Your Grace,” says Isidro.

“Isidro! You came!” Raina shouts excitedly.

“Isidro, you should wait for us, you know,” says another guy, Yardley, walking towards us with another guy whom I respect the most besides Jeff. His name is Alan and the three of them are the great Necromancer ever!

Alse tries to break free but she fails to do so.

“Look likes we catch a big fish this time,” whistles Yardley.

“Come on. Let’s seal her so that she can’t even break free no more,” says Alan in a serious tone. Well, he’s a very serious guy. Sometimes I feel scared when he looks at me with his sharp eyes.

“Okay, big bro,” winks Yardley and Isidro. Both of them stand in a circle around Alse.

“Zapec!” A chain appears from their sleeves and wraps around Alse’s body.

“Velka!” More chains appear and this time Alse is wrapped from head to toe. Then it turns into a huge metal block. This looks scary.

“Where shall we put this, Grandma?” asks Isidro.

“I’m not going to let you seal that horrible person. It’s better to kill her. She’s no longer my sister,” says Grandma Zelda.

Alan nods and gives signal to his two brothers.

“Sortkiste!” The metal block is crushed in an instant.

That’s the end of Alse.

2 comments:

Parmita said...

This is super duper awesome chapter Fei!
I couldn't be any happier with the developments. Alice is so cool. Love her!

One of the best things about your story writing is that you don't add unnecessary drama just to drag on the plot. I love the way everything sorts out in a natural manner in this tale. Also the bonds that each of the characters have, the trust they put into each other and how they don't let anyone cloud their minds with lies are elements that makes your story stand out from others.

You write the story the way I love to read them. It's a vampire story and yet so refreshing that I can't thank you enough.

Well done dear Fei! Well done!

P.S I like your new profile picture. Somehow I can imagine you rolling down on skates. ^u^
I like the new look of the blog. It's a welcome change. :)

Ciklong said...

Sui:

When I read your comment, I was speechless. so I have to re-read it for few times. hehe.

first of all, i think this chapter is kinda short. I thought that I write to simple (from the beginning of the chapter until now). I never thought that I've manage to write a story that you love to read. some people said that I'm copying Twilight. but I'm not actually.

thanks for supporting this story from the beginning until now. I also don't want this story to end but I'm working on the plot of another story. and I hope you'll like it even though it is not fantasy.

thank you very much *cries in joy*

p/s: this profile picture is a character from Malaysian 3-D cartoon called Boboiboy. I love this one because he's riding a hover board. :)