Followers

Friday 24 August 2012

Circle Quartet: 45


Chapter 45

“Don’t listen to her, Alice! She’s lying!” shouts Mom as she pushes Grandma Zelda out of her way.

I stare at Mom, and then Dad, and then to both of my grandmothers, who are avoiding my gaze.

So it’s true.

“Alice,” Mom calls me out as if she’s pleading not to listen to the truth.


“You’re hiding something from me, right Mom?” I lock my gaze to hers.

“I know that I should tell you, but – ,”

“But what?” I raise my voice.

Mom turns her gaze to the floor.

“You lie to me all this time,” I grit my teeth and grip my knuckle, hard. “All of you! Liar!” I shout in rage.

Alse chuckles. “See? I told you I’m not lying, Alice. Let me tell you the real truth of who you are. You were human. I abducted you when you’re very small. I wanted to make you my descendant so I killed you by stabbing you right to your heart. But those fools found me,” she points to the Elders, “and sealed me. Your dead brother took you away from me. Because they pitied you for your death back then, your father turned you into a vampire. You’ve been sleeping for 22 years and after that you woke up, being a fully vampire. But they have to feed you with special blood.”

“Double-purify blood,” I mutter.

“And one more thing. Do you know why they named you Alice?” asks Alse.

I stare at her, waiting for the answer.

“It was after my name. My real name is Alice. Alice Black. I changed my name to Alse after I regain a powerful magic. When I abducted you, I put a black seal inside your body so that you’ll be my descendant. But Zelda knew about that seal and she purified it so that you won’t be like me. She’s afraid that when I consume your blood, I will be unstoppable.”

I hate ugly truth! I hate it!

“You named me after this ugly witch?” I scowl to Grandma Zelda in anger.

“I have my own reason, Alice,” says Grandma Zelda.

“Is it because I’m part of her?” I try to control my anger.

Grandma Zelda doesn’t say any word.

“Tell me!” I growl.

“You should tell her, Zelda, that she and I share the same blood,” says Alse.

My brothers gasp in horror, and so as the others who has just known the truth.

“Is it true, Grandma?” asks Sable in trembling voice.

Grandma Zelda nods.

Alse laughs once again as if she’s achieving victory. “So, Alice, since you know the truth, why don’t we work together? They’re not your real family. They lie to you. You don’t want to live with bunch of liars, don’t you?”

I look at my family and my grandmothers then I turn my gaze to Alse.

“You belong with me, Alice. I’m your real mother, the only family that you have, not them. Come, Alice. Let me drink your blood and together we’ll gain eternity,” she smiles as she reaches out her hand to me.

I take a deep breath and slowly walk up to her.

“No! Alice! Don’t!” shouts Mom and Dad.

“Alice, she wants to trick you!” shouts Ace. “Get away from her!”

I hear all them shouting, trying to prevent me from believing Alse’s words.

“It’s too late now,” I tell them without looking at them and smirk. “Gotcha!” I grab Alse’s hand and twist it to her back. Alse screams in pain.

“What are you doing, Alice?” she growls fiercely. Suddenly, the barrier vanishes. Jeff has broken the barrier.

“Let’s say, I was pulling your leg just now. Do you think I’ll fall in your trap? Okay, Stefan! Time’s up!” I shout to Stefan.

Stefan stands up and brushes the debris on his black jacket and jeans. “Good! I’m tired of being dead, you know,” Stefan smirks and cracks his knuckles. “Let’s take care of this business.”

His eyes turn silver and he takes off his jacket. Hairs start to grow swiftly on his half-naked body. He’s now a were-man – he has werewolf features but stand on his two feet. Everyone is shock of his new appearance.

Alse struggles to break free but I grip her right hand tight. She mutters a spell so I have to let her go and jump backward.

“You should change too, Alice,” says were-Stefan in a deep voice.

“Not yet, Stefan. I’m saving it for a special occasion,” I wink at him. Then, both of us dash towards Alse who is trying to heal herself.

Alse attacks us with several spells but we manage to dodge them as Jeff is fighting with us too. Alse didn’t know Jeff’s existence and she was confused why her attacks don’t work on us.

Suddenly jumps up and floats in mid-air. “I’m tired of your play, you fools! I’m going to destroy all of you!” she shrieks. Then she summons a sword, a black sword.

“Let’s start with you two!” Bolting like a comet, she strikes her black sword towards us.

I want to grab my double sword from my waist but they’re not there! I totally forgot that I left it to where Stefan lied moments ago.

“Look out, Alice!” shouts Dad and so the others.

Stefan covers me with his huge body.

“Die!” Alse shouts in excitement.

I close my eyes and hold Stefan tight. If something bad happen to Stefan, I’m going to kill Alse!

Suddenly I hear a loud clank. Somebody stops Alse’s attack. Who is it?

“Who the hell are you?” asks Alse, gritting her teeth.

Stefan and I turn to the person who saved us just now. It’s the hooded man. My guardian!

“You…you saved us,” I say.

That man turns to me and smile – I can only see his nose and mouth.

“Answer me, you damn creature!” scolds Alse.

The man chuckles and takes off his hood. That blond hair looks familiar. He looks over his shoulder to us and smiles.

It’s my great, great, great grandfather, Vlad!

4 comments:

Parmita said...

This is one hell of a rocking chapter Fei!
Wohoo!! Way to go Alice!! She totally had everyone tricked with her little act. So what if she shares Alse's blood? It does not make all the bonds that she shares with others disappear. I am in awe with Alice.

This chapter has made me excited even more than before. I just don't want to stop reading it.

Well done buddy! *high five*

Ciklong said...

Sui:

glad you like this chapter, Sui ^^

I was excited too when writing up this chapter. Alice got a lot of plans in her head and this is one of them. If Alse shares Alice's blood, she'll gain eternity and Alice will work under her. of course that thing won't happen.

another battle will come up in the next chapter. there's someone that you miss the most is going to show up (spoiler alert!)

*high five* thanks buddy!

Noblesse Key said...

it was good that i had fasten my seatbelt before i have read this chapter!!! this is whooping fantastic...Alice really did show some talent there...i also like her character...

catching up..heheh...i've been away for some time, but i'm back!

Ciklong said...

mr. Key:

I was glad that you come bakc, mr. Key. I've read your post in your blog but I didn't leave a comment because I didn't know what to write. haha!

i'm glad that you like this chapter. I add a little bit of surprises. the story is nearly come to an end. i'll write another story. so i hope you'll wait patiently. haha!