Followers

Sunday 22 January 2012

Circle Quartet: 18


Chapter 18

Madam Violet asks us to form into a group of four and each group have five group members. Each group must have the members from the different clans. Abbie and Stefan are in my group together with Helen Teal, a shifter and Dan Taupe, a wizard. We sit together in one group and the task for today is interviewing each other.

Abbie enjoys the class because she’s the one who do most of the talking. I interview Helen, Dan and Stefan, asking them about what they likes and dislikes, hobbies and so on without jotting the information on the book or the D-Vice. We need to remember every single thing that we ask. I know Abbie inside out so I don’t have to interview her. Next, Madam Violet calls name from each group to introduce the group members.

Abbie be the volunteer since she’s too excited to tell about our group. She explains every single detail about us, including the relationship between me and Stefan. And most of our classmates are shocked to hear about this. This is embarrassing! Some of them even congratulate us and ask Stefan when we are going to get married. I can see Stefan turns into beet red when Madam Violet teases him. And now I know that Madam Violet is Stefan’s second aunt from his mother’s side. No wonder she looks gorgeous.

The bell rings and we off to the History class. Aunt Sallie asks us about the review and she already shows our names on the touch-screen blackboard. Those who already sent the review, their names will be written in blue, so as mine and Abbie’s. Aunt Sallie is interested with my review and two others and she’ll put it in the bulletin so that people can read.

“Okay class, before I leave, I want to tell you that this weekend you’ll be having a blooding ceremony. You’ll turn into a real vampire soon, congratulations,” she beams and every one cheers. We have been waiting for this moment; the blooding ceremony.

Dad is going to come here this weekend and I can’t wait to see him. He texted me last night, saying that he’ll come. I know that he really miss me so much. Dad and I are very close and I share everything with him.

“Oh, I forgot to tell you that this is our last class. Next week you’ll be having the physical training class for 2 weeks, after the blooding ceremony. And after that, you’ll have some tests. I’ll see you around, guys. Have a nice weekend,” Aunt Sallie winks at us and the bell rings.

My clans – the vampires, are talking about the blooding ceremony which will be held this Saturday night. We can’t wait for the ceremony. That’ll be the day we’re going to be the real vampires. I can’t wait to have the fangs like my Dad has. And suck the blood from the human flesh. Yummy!

We’re been served with the best blood at the dining hall and this makes our clan feel so happy. Even I grab two bottles with Abbie. I guess I’m kinda greedy lately. Stefan joins us too – he joins for lunch, not drinking the blood. Abbie asks him a lot of question regarding our ‘engagement’. This makes Stefan feels awkward because I’m here too. I think he’s too shy to tell Abbie about our relationship.

There’s nothing much happen after the incident and I don’t even care if he’s my fiancé or not. We’re not like Zayne and Beatrice who are very mature and yet intimidating. And of course we’re definitely different from Raina and Tavis who like to laugh all day long, cracking stupid jokes and sharing ridiculous gifts. I miss Raina when I’m thinking of her. I wonder how she is doing.


The day that I have been waiting for is finally arrived. I’m waiting for Dad at the Hall of North Tower. He called me last night that he’ll be arriving this evening. Uncle Santos is already here and he takes Abbie for a shopping before attending the ceremony. Abbie asked me to join her but I told her that I wanted to wait for Dad.

Dad arrives with Grandma Maegan and I run towards him and give him how-much-I-miss-you hug. Dad shouts with joy as he hugs me and spins me around just like I’m still a seven-year old girl. He’s so happy to see me that he nearly burst into tears. Grandma Maegan ushers us to our room located in the basement of the North Tower. I didn’t know that this place exists!

 The stairs to the basement is really ancient, with the old stone walls and the torches light the way. I feel like I’m in the haunted mansion but I’m not scared. This is awesome! We reach the room where the door is incredibly huge. It’s a dungeon-like door. 

“Coolio!” Dad and I muse in unison as we step inside the room. This is a hotel! But it’s smaller than a suite like my room up in the tower but it’s still cool with the beds and the small fridge. The bathroom is small too but comfortable. We’re going to stay in this room before the ceremony begins.

“The whole family send the warmest regards to you. They really miss you so much especially Ace. And he brought something special for you,” Dad opens his travel trunk and hands me a box, wrapped in a black wrapping paper and a red ribbon.

I open the gift slowly and squeal with joy. Ace gave me books. There are three books. Two of them are novels and another one is a book on dating tips. He pastes a note on the dating book.

Dear Alice,

This is a must-read book. It’s essential for you to make a move on Stefan. I’m waiting for your wedding ceremony and remember, I want to be your best man! Good luck!

From your coolest and macho-est brother in the world,
Ace Black

I think I’m going to hit Ace when I came back to Sewra. Dad laughs out loud when he read the note.

“You don’t need to read this dating book, Alice,” says Dad who is trying to hold his laughter. “I have a lot of tips on dating and making a move. And I can give you one right now,” he winks.

I roll my eyes. “Yeah, Dad. Sure. Like I’m going to make a move on Stefan. That guy is so dense.”

Dad chuckles. “Someday you’ll realize that Stefan is madly in love with you. Believe me.”

I just sigh and nod. I don’t want to think about Stefan for this moment. I’m hungry and I can’t wait to go for the blooding ceremony. I can’t wait to drink Dad’s blood and sleep in a coffin for a day. And the next day, I’m a true vampire!

Dad brings me to the blooding hall where everyone gathers around, sitting in a circle while waiting for Grandma Maegan. She’s the Head of the Elders of the Vampire Clan so she needs to give a small talk on the ceremony. Grandma Maegan comes few minutes later with a smiling face. She greets all of us warmly and begins the ceremony.

Dad takes me to a small room and I’m so shock that there’s no coffin. I thought that we need to sleep in a coffin after drinking the blood from our parents.

“There’s no coffin?” I ask. All I can see are two beds and a machine.

“Coffin is too big for this room so beds are suitable. Go on. Lay down on the bed,” says Dad as he too, lies on the bed.

“But am I suppose to lie inside a coffin and wait for one day before I turn into a real vampire?” I stare at Dad.

“Honey, this is the modern session. It’s simple and fast. You don’t have to wait for a bloody day to regain your true form,” Dad smiles.

“But I like the old way. That way is much cooler than this,” I say, still feeling unsatisfied.

“Remember, Alice. This is the twenty first centuries,” Dad pats my head.

I roll my eyes. He likes to mention that twenty first centuries thing.

My cousin, Aiden, who is a Vampire Doctor, greets us. I lay on the bed next to Dad and Aiden begins the blood transfusion. This is not a ceremony that I’ve been waiting for! This looks like a blood donation. I want to ask Dad but he just smiles. Aiden, too, doesn’t answer my question.

10 minutes later, the blood transfusion thingy ends. Dad thanks Aiden. “Alice, say thanks to Aiden,” says Dad. I just murmur thanks and leave the room with Dad. Now I’m super hungry. I think I can eat 10 humans! My stomach can’t stop growling since this evening.

Dad takes me to the place where we gathered just now and every new vampire like I am seemed so hungry. Their faces look pale and I think mine is the same. I wave at Abbie who is coming back from the room with Uncle Santos.

“Hear, hear! Tonight ceremony will begin. Congratulation, new vampires! Now, let’s begin the feast!” she throws her arms in the air and the servants – I mean, her servants, serve the blood in the bottle.

I grab as many bottles as I can to drink the blood. This is the tastiest blood ever! After the feast, Dad takes me to the room that we stayed this evening. I look at myself in front of the mirror. I love my pale-looking face and my fangs. This is what I’ve been dreaming of. Dad says I look great. I’m now part of the nocturnal creatures. I can’t wait for hunting the humans!

20 comments:

Inspector Saahab said...

this chapter sound so violent...ewww i am scared of vampire now. hahah.

and you are so into Stefan i suppose. it is Stefan fever ubiquitously

Ciklong said...

chakir:

violence? which part?

you see, i'm not well when i wrote this chapter and it's seem tumbling ups and downs (the plot, i mean).

Stefan is my man! haha! he's nice and gentle....and cuddly :)

Inspector Saahab said...

sorry teacher i forgot to subscribe to this post comment tadi. hehe. so i didn't get the notification of your latest comment :P

yeah,when they are looking and warm heartedly drinking the blood, they sound so gruesome. awww

anyway this chapter is still good, good enough.

Ciklong said...

chakir:

haha! oh really? it's okay.

what can I say, they're vampires and blood is their main food. the adventure will come soon. and there are more actions between Alice and Stefan. hehe :)

Inspector Saahab said...

that's true and i have to get used with it i suppose. anyway looking forward to any additional from you!

Ciklong said...

chakir:

i'll be having a family feast tomorrow and maybe i'll update my story next week. got a lot of works to do after the break.

i'm waiting for Sui :'(

Inspector Saahab said...

i got it :\

memahami

hahah. yeah it kind of not complete if Sui is not around when we have new updates. me too have that feeling. eheh. perhaps she's sleeping now.

Ciklong said...

chakir:

yeah. i think she have lots of work to do. i really miss her. she always give motivational comments upon my story. ehehe!

Inspector Saahab said...

true true. she is so transparent and honest in delivering her response. she should has been receiving an award for the best commentator :)

and she must be glad to hear this. hew hew

Ciklong said...

chakir:

yup2. she's the best blog-buddy i ever had! she's like a sister to me :)

i bet she'll cry with joy to hear this XD

Inspector Saahab said...

let makes it comes true. Sui is a friend in millions.

and i'm saying this form my tiny heart if it happens you read this Sui :)

Ciklong said...

chakir:

i agree with u. Sui, you are the best buddy! and this is sincere from the bottom of my heart <3

Parmita said...

I am…I…uhm! I can’t contain my happiness right now. I have never felt this ecstasy while in front of the computer. In fact this is one of the most wonderful days of my life and the people who made it special for me are you two. I want to fly to Malaysia and give you both big hug. Lots of love to you both.

Feilong is the first blogger who showed sincere interest in my posts. It is due to you, buddy that I have found so many great blogs and bloggers here. Who knows, if you hadn’t come across my blog, I might still be writing in solitude with no one to appreciate my words. T*H*A*N*K Y*O*U

Inspector Saahab is another dear blog pal of mine. After Feilong, it was you who continuously encouraged me through your heart warming, honest opinions and posts. I have so much fun conversing with you through the blogging platform. *TERIMA KASIH*

Parmita said...

I can’t stop gushing and grinning widely after reading this chapter. As I type this comment, my mind is still in Alice’s world. I have to pinch myself to get back. What made you think that this isn’t a good chapter? It is awesome and bloody good. Don’t underestimate the talented story teller in you.

Your male characters (beside Cody, haha), are so sweet, reliable, affectionate and loving towards Alice. She is a terribly lucky girl. But she deserves such company. With her devil-may-care kind of attitude she has become one of my most lovable female leads.

In fact there are so many incredibly warm characters in this story that I want to jump right into this world. But, I don’t think that it’s a good time. I may be hunted by vampires. Yikes!

P.S. Get well soon. Have a fun day with your family.

Parmita said...

@Inspector Saahab

Are you scared with all the blood talk in this chapter? Hehe
As for me I love blood and gore. Can't wait for things to get gruesome and bloody.

Parmita said...

I saw this before but couldn't point out but the new look is very neat and clean. I had once thought of using this template before deciding on my current look. Maybe this was to be used by you so I subconsciously decided not to use it. That's sisterly love for ya!

You might have to put the codes for emoticons again, well of course if you want them to appear. I was so fed with the code mayhem that I decided to pull off the emoticons from my blog. I had worked so much to rectify the incorrect codes but alas it didn't work the way I wanted it to.

Anyways, if I were to stay here anymore I would turn this comment section into a long essay. You wouldn't believe that I am supposedly a very quiet person outside the blogging world. Well then see you later. Enjoy!

Ciklong said...

hello sui! i really miss you! *hugs*
i'm glad that you comment a lot in this comment box. haha! i can't stop grinning reading all your comments here.

I used to write a lot of short stories if i have free time but this story is the most longest story that i wrote and yes, you are one of the people who inspire me besides Inspector Saahab and my other blogging friends (which not as many as the Inspector :P )

When I wrote this story, I was trying to make it alive and i think i've made it! Yay! and yes, I love your princess divine story so much, Sui! I wish i can be her friend and join her in searching the orb :)

i'm trying to develop more on the characters and the upcoming characters (which will be the surprise). Alice will be having new abilities after the blooding ceremony.

Ciklong said...

i change the template because the previous one wasn't too good. when i wanted to scroll down, it's too slow.
and yeah, i think this one is meant for me. haha! *hugs*

i also wanted to pull out the emoticons. i don't think i'm capable to use all the emoticons. haha!

i'll update the next chapter soon, after the family feast. i'm getting better but the soar throat is still roaming happily inside my throat :(

Taqiuddin said...

hmm.... I was expecting a more dramatic chapter but as her dad put it, "this is the twenty-first century". As for the plot, poor shy Stefan. Lets see the progress.......

Ciklong said...

farid:

well, i tried to put it in dramatic way but i want this story to be different with the other vampire stories. hehe