Followers

Tuesday 31 January 2012

Circle Quartet: 19


Chapter 19

Being with Dad, even for one day and a half, is the most memorable day of my life. After the blooding ceremony, I spend most of my time with Dad. We have breakfast outside of the Academy this morning and Dad takes me shopping at the nearest mall. Dad knows that I love shopping, even it’s just a window shopping. Dad buys me a lot of stuffs and that includes the new cell phone. He says that the old one is too old for me so he buys the new one.

After that, we watch Kungfu Panda 2 at the cinema, twice. Dad and I really love the movie and we even cry the part when Po was adopted by Mr. Goose. We have lunch at the fast food restaurant and Dad sends me back to the Academy.

“I’m going now, little buddy. We’ll have a-father-and-daughter-outing next time. Send my warmest regards to your grandmothers, Jeff and Stefan,” he says before leaving and hugs me tight.

“Yeah. Have a safe journey, Dad. I’m going to miss you,” I whisper to his ear.

“Take care of yourself here and don’t get so naughty. Oh, by the way, text me every time you have a good progress with Stefan,” he lets go of me and winks. I roll my eyes. Dad laughs and pats my shoulder. “Beware of the stray dog. Cause it bites.”

“Dad, dogs really bite,” I say. Just like Stefan bit me back then. The scars are still visible.

“Text me if you miss me. See you next time, little buddy,” he waves as he runs because he has a plane to catch.

I wave back at him and chuckle. Dad can be clumsy sometimes. That’s the part that I love about him the most. But he’s getting serious; no one will ever get his way. He’s one of the greatest vampires in my family and he’s one of the Members of Vampire Council.

When Dad is totally out of my sight, I sigh. Yeah, I really miss him and I want to spend more time with him. We’re so close and sometimes I think I was being pampered by Dad.

I walk to the fountain and sit at the bench. I still remember the night where I saw a man standing in front of this fountain. After that, I never saw him again. Is he really a ghost? And why I passed out that night? I’m sure, 100 percent sure, that I saw him and asked Stefan whether he saw him or not and suddenly I was lying on the bed in the sickbay. I forgot to ask Dad whether a vampire can see ghost or spirit or not.

“Alice, why are you sitting alone here?” Mr. Saba appears behind me and nearly makes my heart jumps.

“Oh, Mr. Saba,” I stand up quickly and bow slightly to him.

“Alice, Alice, dear, you don’t have to do that. We’re in the same type of the family and in fact, you’re my granddaughter-in-law,” he chuckles. “You’re alone?”

I nod. “Yes, Mr. Saba.”

“Well, why don’t you join me for my private tea? Just the two of us,” he offers.

Private tea? “Umm…sure, Mr. Saba,” I smile.

I follow him to the West Building. Like the gallery at the North Hallway, this hallway is full of Stefan’s ancestors. Mr. Saba brings me to his room where it looks like Grandma Maegan’s. And I love the smell of the peppermint of this room.

I take a sit in front of Mr. Saba at the tea table. Mr. Saba is a person who likes decorations, I guess. There are lots of decorations hanging on the wall and also arranging neatly on the shelves.

“Don’t be so frighten, Alice. Have some tea,” he pours the tea to me. “Do you like this Academy?’” he asks and sips his tea.

“I like it very much, Mr. Saba,” I answer.

“You don’t have to be too formal to me, Alice. After all, you’re going to be part of the family. Call me Granddaddy like Stefy called me,” he smiles.

I nearly choke as I heard the word ‘Stefy’. He called Stefan, Stefy? It’s too cute for him. I wonder how will he react if I called him Stefy?

“Did Stefy give you trouble?” Mr. Saba asks and I shake my head. He seldom talks to me, not like he used to be. Sometimes I was wondering what has got into him. You know, he’s getting quieter and quieter,” Mr. Saba sighs.

“He seldom talks to me too, when we’re in high school. But when we came here, he’s trying to have some conversations with me. Maybe he’s shy,” I say, eating the cupcake slowly.

“Shy? Nah! He’s a werewolf and he’s not supposed to be shy. He must be strong, confident and outspoken. Like me,” he smirks and raises his eyebrows few times. I chuckle. Mr. Saba is funny and likes to crack jokes, just like Dad and Uncle Azure.

“Umm…Granddaddy, can I ask you something?” I ask.

“Sure. What is it?” he sips his tea.

“I read a lot about vampires and werewolves. And what I get from the books are werewolves and vampires are mutual enemy. So, how come you and Grandma Maegan are good friends?” I put the cup gently on the saucer.

“Well, actually, our great, great, great ancestors are not having a relationship just like these days. And, yes, vampires and werewolves were mutual enemy. We fought for more than hundred years. But as the time changed, we decided to be in one group and that’s why the Circle was formed. You see, we’re all special than any other normal human beings in this world so we need to unite so that we can still hold the legacy. And we are still continue with our legacy back in hundred years ago,” Mr. Saba explains and I feel like he used to be a History teacher when he was young.  

He also tells me about his past life where he met his late wife. And I admit that Mr. Saba’s wife was the most beautiful werewolf I ever seen. She looked so young with the brown braided hair. And she had the sweetest smile. He and my grandmothers are best friends and sometimes they like to argue on the small things.

I spend nearly one hour and a half with Mr. Saba and I enjoy his stories, especially about Stefan when he was small. There are some ‘top’ secrets about Stefan that Mr. Saba and I only know about them. He even shows me the picture of Stefan when he was small.

“I’ll see you later, Alice. Maybe we can have a nice private tea again some times,” he says as he ushers me along the hallway.

“Sure, Granddaddy. I have a wonderful time with you today,” I smile at him.

Mr. Saba pats on my shoulder gently. “Never let the stray dog gets on your way,” he smiles and leaves me near the fountain.

Stray dog? Is there any stray dog in here? Wait! Dad also mention about stray dog before he left. I think I should investigate about this stray dog. And the answer is in the library.

10 comments:

Parmita said...

Long wait but good developments. This 'stray dog' is intriguing me. So now Alice is getting acquainted with her future in-laws. I like the light mood of this chapter. I ♥love♥ reading this story. Can't wait for the mystery to unfold.

Ciklong said...

sui:

yay!! you are the first to comment!

Mr. Saba is friendly, as well as Alice. he can't wait for Stefan's wedding and he likes to feel that he's still young.

you'll know what the stray dog means later. this story has a long way to go.

thanks for liking this chapter :)

Inspector Saahab said...

Sui is so true. the stray dog has made me too wanting for more. ahh, again you left us hanging in curiosity.

and i love the daughter and father session :)

i like this one.

Ciklong said...

chakir:

curiosity kills a cat :P. haha ^^
the previous 3 chapters are quite relaxing so it's time for me to create another suspense. :)

sorry for not commenting on your blog, chakir :'(. i read your posts but i didn't post my comments. i'll re-read your posts again this weekend. this secretary thing is killing me!

Parmita said...

Where are you Feilong? I miss you! :(
I know you are busy but I can't help feel miserable. Without a single word from you, everything is incomplete. *WEEPS*

Taqiuddin said...

in the paragraph

“Did Stefy give you trouble?” Mr. Saba asks and I shake my head. He seldom talks to me, not like he used to be. Sometimes I was wondering what has got into him. You know, he’s getting quieter and quieter,” Mr. Saba sighs.

you missed the " as in

“Did Stefy give you trouble?” Mr. Saba asks and I shake my head. "He seldom talks to me, not like he used to be. Sometimes I was wondering what has got into him. You know, he’s getting quieter and quieter,” Mr. Saba sighs.

The stray dog is in the library??? Jokes aside, I'm curious on the progress.....

Ciklong said...

sui:

oh, Sui. something terrible happens! i've been haunted by spirits!

nah, i was just joking. haha! anyway, i'm sorry that i haven't visited your blog for a while. i'll go and check out your blog right now! *dash to your blog*

Ciklong said...

farid:

when i wrote this chapter, i was not very well. working with merciless HEA is killing me!!

thanks for being my loyal editor ^^

the answer is in the library. not the stray dog. haha!

Inspector Saahab said...

it is ok teacher. i really comprehend your circumstance now. don't bother yourself to do the commenting things :)

you're the secretary ? fuhhh

Ciklong said...

chakir:

yeah...the secretary :)