Followers

Friday 23 March 2012

Ghost Stories #3

Year: 1991

My family and I moved to a new house. Finally, we stayed in our own house. Before that, my parents rent a terrace.

I was so happy when I got my own bedroom. There are four rooms; 3 bedroom and 1 storeroom. And we have another small store-house at the lawn. My brothers had to share a room with my lovely Nanny. My room is quite big and my Mom said that I need to take care of my room, always keep it neat and tidy.

After the movers arranged our furniture (my brothers and I helped them too even though our Nanny forbade us because we're still small at that time), we had a nice tea-break and the movers went back. My Dad went to the mosque that night, leaving Mom and Nanny to take care of us.

We watched TV in the TV room. Our TV room was near the veranda and there are wooden sliding doors and a small window. There was a comedy-drama that night so we had a wonderful time laughing at the joke.

Mom bought an electronic doorbell where she put the remote at the porch. Someone only had to come inside our porch and press the button on the remote. The it'll ring a Yankee Doodle song.

As we're occupied with the drama, someone rang the doorbell. Mom told my Nanny to peep through the small window before opened the door. The small window was for our safety, actually. Mom turned down the volume of the TV while my Nanny opened the window and peeped through it. She said that there's no one there. Perhaps some naughty kids tip-toed to our porch and press the button.

Then it rang second time. Mom and I peeped through the window but no one was there. Mom was getting irritated. Suddenly we heard a voice, a rough voice, gave Salaam. We're very shocked because there's no one there.

Mom told Nanny to turn off the TV and she abruptly closed the window. Mom told us to keep silence and waited there for Dad to come back. Then, I heard a snicker and it's scared me at that time. That night, I slept with Nanny in my brothers' bedroom.

The next day, our neighbours came for a visit and they told us about the an invisible person who liked to rang the doorbell and gave Salaam, especially for ones who had just moved. Mom told them what had happened last night and they told Mom to ignore the doorbell and the Salaam.

13 comments:

4 Bestari 2014 said...

interesting and quite scary..hehehe

Ciklong said...

Boo:

thanks for commenting :)

i think i should post my experience on ghosts, what do u think? hehe

Albert Einstein☺ said...

soo scary...grrh

followed you hope you could follow me bakc.

mr837.blogspot.com

Ciklong said...

albert:

thanks for commenting here.

i'll follow you right away :)

Sagittarian said...

Hi,:) I don't know if I can ignore the door if I am your mother, hahaha... Why not remove the doorbell so that the ghost or that someone can't ring it anymore, oh.. I don't know if it will help,hahaha..:)

Nice sharing..:)

4 Bestari 2014 said...

i think that's a good idea.

sharing is caring, right?
haha

Parmita said...

This ghost is really courteous. Isn't it kind of her/him to greet you all. haha

I am sorry for laughing but I have mentioned it before that ghost stories make me laugh. Even when I try writing a horror story, it ends up into a comedy.

But I suppose it's different for people who are in such situations. They would be scared for sure.
Be careful Feilong!

Ciklong said...

Sagittarian:

the doorbell remote got broken 2 months after that. then we used another doorbell but that time there was no ghost pressed it. haha

Boo:

okay, i'll try to write another ghost stories. the interesting one :)

Sui:

haha! yes, he's courteous. but then he's very naughty. i found him again at the back of my house. he's wearing a robe that time.

i also found that ghost stories can be quite funny sometimes.

but for me it's normal seeing ghost as i can see them since i was small :)

stuart said...

Yes, more ghost stories please! There is something quite spooky about doorbells ringing on their own... but please forgive my ignorance but what does 'gave salaam' mean?

Ciklong said...

stuart:

'salaam' means how we, Muslims, greet each other. the ghost, or should I say, jinn, is a Muslim so he gave salaam when he 'visited' our house.

i'll post another ghost stories soon. need to proceed with my novel first :)

thanks for stopping by, Stuart :)

Noblesse Key said...

What an interesting blog you have.

TV time is family time. I really also do enjoy spending time with my family watching a movie.

following you now. Hope you can follow mine too.

noblessekey.blogspot.com

Ciklong said...

Noblesse Key:

thanks for visiting and dropping your comment here.

i'll follow you shortly :)

Taqiuddin said...

O_O scary