Followers

Saturday 30 June 2012

Circle Quartet: 38


Chapter 38

“One down, three to go!” I show thumbs up to my teammate while sheathing my double sword.

“That’s the nice one, Alice,” praises Deena who also returns the thumbs up to me.

This is the first time I team up with Deena, together with Stefan and Raven.

“Yeah, very nice,” nods Raven slowly. “You shouldn’t cut off his head, you know.”

“Well, he started it. Serve him right for trying to shoot me from behind,” I shrug.

“I thought that we only need to capture them. Not to kill them,” says Raven.

“No, Raven. The order is to eliminate them,” says Stefan.

“And take his blood. But I don’t want to drink from this one. He’s too skinny,” I crouch down to the headless body which the red blood is still flowing. Deen crouches down next to me and takes out a bottle from her bag pack. Then she begins to shift the blood into the bottle. Then the headless body turns into dust.

“This one is not bad. Maybe after I purify it, it’s going to be tasty,” beams Deena as she has done shifting the blood and purifying it by using magic.

“Are you sure, Deena? This one doesn’t look tasty for me. Let’s find another three. Maybe their blood is much tastier,” I smile, showing my fangs to her. Deena giggles and we begin our next move.

“Uhh…guys. Before we leave, I think we forget something,” says Raven and points to the severe head.

“Oh, the head,” says Deena, Stefan and I in unison. Deena burns the head until it turns to dust.


After being trained for two weeks and a half, I am now officially an assassin. I don’t want to tell you what kind of training that I’ve been through for they can’t be explained by words, which means there are horrible. I nearly died in one of the training. Thank God that SimpleThing Jeff is with me. If not, I don’t think I can make it this far.

My team and I are been given a task to eliminate the bank robbers. Since we’re nocturnal, we hunt during the night. And the robbers are active in such time. Stefan turns into a werewolf while Raven turns into a big wolf and begin to track their scent.

They are not far. We can catch them in no time. Says Stefan.

“We need to scatter. Raven, you go to the back door. Stefan, you go to the left and I’ll go to the right. Alice, you go to the roof top since you have better eye-sight,” Deena winks at me. “If you guys found them make a contact through Mini,” Deena gives order since she’s the leader.

Three of us nod in unison. “Roger that!”

Then we scatter within no time. I jump on the roof top and look around. This building is five-storey building. Those robbers can’t go very far. I stand on the edge of the building and use my night vision to search for them. Then my Mini beeps.

“Alice, one of them runs to the roof top. He’s all yours,” Deena’s voice echoes from the Mini.

“Bring it on!” I beam and get ready to greet my second victim. It doesn’t take long to wait for him. As he reaches the roof top, he suddenly stops when his gaze meets mine.

“Welcome,” I spread my hand as if I am longing to see him. “Lovely night, isn’t it?”

“Who…who are you?” his voice shake and pulls out a knife from the pocket.

“Me? I’m just a girl who loves high places,” I take a step slowly approaching him. I smile evilly at him, showing my beautiful fangs.

“Wh-what are you?” he’s shock to see the fangs of mine. I ignore him and take a step forward. “Stay back! Or I’ll stab you!” he warns in panic.

I giggle. Like I’m scared with his little knife.

“What’s so funny?” he asks and still in panic.

“Nothing,” I shrug and teleport behind him. “I just love to see your shocking face,” I whisper behind his ears while putting one of my swords to his throat. That man stiffens. “I see you’re shaking,” I giggle and cut his head off. His head rolls on the floor. Blood splutters everywhere.

I press my Mini and put it near my mouth. “Mine is down.”

“Me either,” replies Stefan and Raven.

We manage to eliminate all those robbers in two hours. That’s a record for our team.

“You guys just leave the corps. I’ll take care of them. Good job, guys!” says Deena excitedly.

“I’m coming to you, Alice,” says Stefan.

Stefan arrives at the roof top, and Raven comes along few moments later. She looks disgustingly at the headless body.

“Don’t tell me you’re scared, Raven?” I tease her.

“I’m not scared. Just don’t like to see the head rolls. Yuk!” Raven sticks out his tongue. Stefan and I laugh.

“Well, killing two people in one night is great. I have a wonderful night, tonight,” I look at the sky. “It’s nearly full moon.”

“Yeah. And next month, we’re going to turn 18,” says Stefan who is looking at the half moon, too.

“Or maybe 100. Who knows? I’m curious to know my exact age,” I shrug.

“I hate being old,” sighs Raven.

“It’s just our age, Raven. We’re not going to be old that fast,” I chuckle. Then Deena appears.

“You like to cut off heads, right Alice?” says Deena. I just smile.


We go back to the Academy after accomplishing our mission. Before we head to our respective rooms, we need to report ourselves to Zayne who is waiting for us in his room. Deena hands the D-vice to Zayne. Zayne reads the report which is written in it smiles at us proudly.

“Well done, guys. You may leave now except Alice and Stefan. There’s something I want to discuss with them,” says Zayne. Deena and Raven bows in respect and leave.

“It’s about Cody, right?” I guess.

“Hey, you read my mind? It’s not fair, Alice,” Zayne chuckles. “Yeah, it’s about him.”

Suddenly, Jeff appears from the necklace. I think he wants to know too about Cody.

“We check his room in this Academy last two days and I found this,” Zayne puts a book on the table. “It’s his journal. Read the last page, Stefan. And don’t get shock.”

Stefan takes the book and flips to the last page. “Oh, no,” he groans in frustration.

“What is it, Stefan?” I ask and take a peep on the journal.

“We need to save him,” replies Jeff and puts the journal on the table.

My eyes widen when I read what’s written in the last page.

I finally can meet my Mom back.

2 comments:

Parmita said...

You go Alice! I always love to see Alice in action. In this chapter particularly she did superbly. I liked the way she playfully slaughtered those robbers especially at the roof top. Such a cruel Alice is so damn cool! hehe

It seems that Cody was tricked by Alse into believing that he could meet his mother. As far as I remember, he is an orphan right?

This is yet another interesting chapter. Looking forward to more!

BTW, I like the new background of your blog.

Ciklong said...

sui:

I re-read from the first chapter and thought that i need to show some actions. i think this novel is lack of actions...haha.

I want to develop more on Alice since she's the main character. and also Stefan. they got along very well.

yup, Cody is an orphan. i'll reveal about Cody in the next chapter.

thanks for liking my new background XD