Followers

Friday 27 July 2012

Circle Quartet: 41


Chapter 41

A quick yet urgent meeting is being held at our mansion. The Silvers are here too. We gather at the meeting room as Dad announces what has happened at the Academy. Mom and Aunt Ada will use their special magic to take everyone to the Academy in a short time. Uncle Yale, Uncle Archie and his family will stay at Sewra, in case Alse sends her monsters here. Uncle Archie still has small kids so he has to stay in Sewra. Uncle Yale, on the other hand, volunteers himself to protect Sewra together with his two sons, Alex and Harley.

“Raven, Macie,” Aunt Nadine turns to them, “we need both of you here. Arman will go to the Academy with them.”

“What?” Raven nearly shrieks. “Arman is still small, Mom. You can’t let him go there. It’s too dangerous for him.”

“Raven, I know you’re worried about him. But I believe in him. He’s smart and strong. In fact, Alse doesn’t know about his abilities. That’s why I’m sending him there,” says Aunt Nadine firmly.

Arman is the apple of Aunt Nadine’s eyes. He’s the one and only boy in his family. He’s such a quiet boy and loves to venture on his own but he has special abilities that no one knows but Aunt Nadine. Even Uncle Archie doesn’t know much about Arman’s abilities.

“Your mother is right, Raven. Armand will know what to do to stop Alse. Besides, he will go along with Beatrice. He’ll be safe there. Don’t worry,” says Uncle Archie assuringly.

“Alice, you will go with Stefan later. Alse is targeting both of you and she might be searching for you guys right now. Ace will fly you there. We will get in touch with Mini. Just wait for the signal,” Dad gives three of us the order. We nod in unison.

“We shouldn’t waste much time,” says Aunt Amethyst.

“She’s right. Ada, let’s do it,” says Mom and Aunt Ada nods. They take out a pouch which contains charcoal powder and spread it on the wooden floor.

“Kit Khstkel Tri Flash!” They form a triangle by pointing their index finger to the charcoal powder.

When the triangles are formed, Mom and Aunt Ada raise up their finger. “Starasma!”

A star symbol appears inside the triangle. Those who are going to the Academy step on the triangle. Then, it glows brightly.

“Take care!” I wave at them.

“We will. I’ll send you the signal soon!” Dad waves back and they vanish.


They have gone for half an hour and there’s still no signal from them. And I start to get worried. I don’t want Alse to hurt or kill anyone anymore. I want to tell Ace and Stefan to go to the Academy right now but this time I can’t act reckless. One stupid step and we’re all doom.

I sigh heavily and look at Stefan talking with my cute little cousins, Lacey and Sabrina. Their two puppies have grown up a little bit and those puppies love to play with Stefan. Werewolf and dog are very close, I guess. Stefan is telling them a story of Jack and the Beanstalk. He’s a good story-teller, especially with kids.

Then, my Mini is beeping. The signal. Finally!

“Guys!” I shout while waving my Mini. “I got the signal!”

Uncle Archie brings three of us to the garage and shows us the car that we should use. It looks like a Bat-Mobile but way cooler. We hop in the car and Ace start the ignition. I sit next to him while Stefan sits at the back.

“Have a save journey, kids. And remember to text us what happen at the Academy,” says Uncle Archie.

“We will. Don’t worry,” says Ace confidently.

“Do you know how to fly this car?” I ask Ace.

“’course I know, Alice. Trust me. We’ll get there in 10 minutes,” he smiles at me. Then he chants the spell. “Harappaketa Jazarpen Tuntunak!”

The car starts to float slowly. I quickly fasten my seatbelt and tell Stefan to do so. I’ve been in a flying car with Jeff before and I was nearly died of heart attack. Ace steps on the accelerator and off we go.

Lucky me, Ace is a careful driver. Even he drives fast, but still he’s aware of the surrounding. We dash off to the Academy and I try to call Dad. But there’s no signal. Worry starts to overwhelm my thoughts.

Stefan pats on my shoulder – I nearly elbow his head, and tell me to calm down. All we have to think of now is the strategy. Alse is definitely searching for me and Stefan and of course, she’ll bring down the Academy if she wants to and we don’t want that to happen.

As we nearly arrive, three flying creatures appear in front. I know this is Alse’s doing. I summon Jeff from my necklace and tell him to get on the car roof. Because of he’s a spirit, he just go through the roof and ready to receive my orders.

“Hold on tight, guys!” Ace swerves to the right and chant an attack spell. “Bliednaja Malanka!” A white-bluish lightning shoots those flying creatures. Then another three are coming from behind. Jeff hit them with the same spell.

“What was that?” asks Ace confusingly.

“Hey, focus on the front!” I jerk the steering wheel and we nearly spin in the air. Ace manages to control the car, scolding me for doing that.

“Guys, this is not the time to argue,” says Stefan, trying to stop us. “We have arrived.”

Ace quickly flies the car around the Academy and lands on the ground safely. We’re now at the back of the Academy. It kind of safe here because there’s no single weird creature appears.

But we’re shock when we enter the back door.

6 comments:

Parmita said...

Wahh!! You just stopped there! I want more!!!

That's one mind blowing chapter Fei(I hope you don't mind if I call you Fei instead of Feilong).

You left me hanging at such a crucial point. I am eager to know what's coming next.

The magic spells sound so cool. It was great to see a lot of magic in this chapter. More please!

P.S. I have tagged you. I hope you'll check out the post. Here's the link: http://imaginativespiral.blogspot.com/2012/07/tagging-season-2-episode-2.html

Ciklong said...

Sui:

Haha! I just want to make it suspense before proceeding with the next chapter. i'm also eager to write what happen next. but you have to wait patiently, my friend.

anyway, you can call me Fei. Feilong is kinda long so, yeah, call me Fei. we're best buddy, remember??

The magic spell just pop out of my mind...hehe. wait for the next chapter, buddy :)

Noblesse Key said...

Ohh,I am very envious with the characters. I want some spell,too. I could really imagine popping someone into a frog. That would be great! ahahahaahahah

This chapter really makes me bite my nails! But why did you end it so soon. It's a little bit frustrating. Anyway, be waiting for the next chapter.

Ciklong said...

mr. Key:

i didn't know that you love to turn somebody into a frog. there's one chapter in this story where the mother turned him into a frog and Alice has to kiss him. haha.

i want to add a little suspense. next chapter will be much more thrilling, i hope....haha. thanks for following the story, mr. Key :)

Parmita said...

Of course we are best buddies. It's impossible for me to forget.
It is because we are best blog buddies that I wanted to call you Fei. Previously when you used the name maxlone I liked calling you Feilong because that meant that I was the only one using that name. But now everyone uses Feilong so I wanted a name that I would use exclusively to call you. I am a bit monopolistic. hehe

Ciklong said...

Sui:

haha! you are the only who can call me Fei. it's special for you to call me that. hehe....