Followers

Friday 18 November 2011

Circle Quartet: Chapter 4

Chapter 4

30-minute ride to Jher Mall in sporty Mazda with a Wolf called Stefan is not a good thing to begin with. The only sound that accompanies us is the engine. He even doesn’t turn on the radio. What’s the purpose of putting the radio in the car if you don’t want to listen to it? Doesn’t he have a life or something? For normal teenagers like us, music is part of our lives. Well, I’m not normal either but at least my life is full of absolute pleasures – everything except being with this lonely Wolf.

“You can turn on the radio if you wanted to,” he suddenly talks but his eyes are still concentrating on the road.

He can read minds! Sheesh! I wonder he knows what I am thinking about him all this time. I think he knows! That’s why he acts like this whenever I’m with him. Great. I find another amusing thing about this Wolf guy.

I press on the On button. The ‘My Heart Will Go On’ song appears. I change to another station. The oldies song pops out. I press each numbers of the radio but there isn’t any single song that satisfies my mood right now. One of the bad habits of me is I easily get pre-occupied with gadgets even it is just a car radio. I haven’t realized that we already reach the Jher Mall.

“Err…Alice. We’re here,” he announces.

I jump a little bit as he taps my shoulder slowly.

“Oh…umm…really?” I try to act normal. How embarrassing!

We get out from the car and go upstairs for we park the car in the basement. I can see Zayne’s car not far from Stefan’s. The first floor is full with shoppers, carrying their shopping bags, giggling, talking, and even window shopping. Stefan asks me where to go first so I tell him I want to go the mall first. It’s situated in the first floor and the thing that I really need most is in there.

Stefan follows me as I walk in a fast pace to the mall. I see Stefan picks a basket. Maybe he wants to do some shopping, who knows. The place is cramp with people, especially women. I grab the battery which I longed for three days and get ready to pay at the counter. Stefan is still carrying the basket which is empty. I think he just loves to carry a basket. What a strange guy he is!

I pay the battery and we linger around to the second floor. This floor is abounded with clothes, jeans and gift shops. We enter the gift shop and look around. I’m thinking of getting something for Dafne. Maybe a small doll or a keychain. Suddenly, Stefan tugs my arm.

“Something is going on up there,” he says while looking at the third floor.

“What?” I ask. He nearly making me pisses off for distracting me just now.

He doesn’t say a word. I think he’s trying to use his instinct – an animal instinct. Then, two gunshots are heard. People start to scream and scramble like headless chickens. Stefan turns to me as if waiting for my command.

“Well, let’s get down to business, shall we?” I smile widely and crack my knuckles.

Both of us sprint in the middle of panicking and screaming people. I contact Beatrice by using telepathy. That is one of my abilities as a vampire (even though I’m only half-blood vampire).

Bet! Situation, please! I sort of scream to her.

Zayne and I are on the third floor. The culprits separate into two locations. You take East. We’ll go to the West. I think Raina and Tavis are at the East. I nod as I get the information.

“We’re going to the East. Raina and Tavis are there!” I grab his hand and teleport to the East where people are rushing to the exit. Teleportation is my second ability anyway.

Raina is surprise when Stefan and I suddenly pop out in front of her. “Good! You guys are here. Any plan?” she asks.

“Three of them are running this way and they have guns,” says Tavis. The animal instinct is a big help here.

“Okay. On three, we’re going to send them flying as they reach down the escalator,” I say as I can see them running down from the escalator. “Three!”

Four of us strike as the culprits reach the second floor. I kick one of them hard on the face. He drops his gun and I grab him by the collar from behind. Stefan and Tavis manage to stop two of them from fleeing away.

“All right! We did it!” cheers Raina. But she suddenly stops and looks on the left. The other culprits are on the run. Beatrice and Zayne are chasing them.

Raina quickly tackle them by giving a low kick and they stumble on the ground. Beatrice smiles at her and touch the floor. Other people are busy with their running and escaping the shopping mall so they don’t even bother what we are doing right now.

“Dit Sluit!” Beatrice mutters a spell to the culprits. They can’t even move and inch and stay stiff as a rock.

“Right. Let’s tie them up!” Raina pull off the ribbons from her pigtails and ready to tie them up by using a spell.

I see the security guards are coming from the escalator. “Wait, Raina! Don’t do it yet!” But it’s too late.

“Zvarritje Litar!” The ribbons expand and automatically tie the culprits into a bundle. The guards stop their running and stare at Raina weirdly.

“Looks like we’re in a big trouble,” says Beatrice, shaking her head.

I slap my palm on my forehead. We’re doom! Then there’s a flash. Within a second, everyone has freeze, except us. A man with blue shirt and jeans appears in the middle of nowhere.

“I’ll take care of the culprit. You guys can go now,” he says with a low voice and picks up the culprit. I know him. He’s one of Granny Zelda’s underlings. “By the way, I have a word from your grandmother. She’ll be seeing you after dinner.”

Then the man takes the culprits away. As he walk out of our sight, the situation becomes normal again. There are no more running, screaming and panicking. The guards go back to their duty.

“Let us take you home. You guys look…like a zombie,” says Zayne. How come we don’t look like a zombie? Grandma Zelda will definitely kill us!


p/s: sorry for taking bloody ages to post this chapter. I've just having a nice holiday after marking the exam papers!

7 comments:

Inspector Saahab said...

first of all happy holidays ! new look. nice.

and with the flash that makes everyone freeze except for u guys, it sounds like men in the black if im not mistaken. hee

Ciklong said...

to chakir:

thanks!

in men in black, they use a gadget (apa nama entah, lupa) but in my sotry, we use magic spell. hehe. cool kan?? XD

PC1667 said...

Hello there. Glad that finally I'm able to post a comment here :) Keep writing, I'll be checking :D

Ragards,
-Newcomer-

Inspector Saahab said...

yeah finally. keep it up maxlone. eheh

PC1667 said...

*Regards,
-Newcomer-

Aiyoo dah sehari baru perasan typo. Dang :D

Ciklong said...

to PC1667 and Chakir:

sorry! sorry! sebab terlalu obses nak hias blog, jadik gini la pulak.

anyway, hope that u guys will be my blog fans. kehkeh! i'll post the next chapter ASAP!

Taqiuddin said...

I got confused by the sudden action, maybe it could be extended to more than a chapter, anyway, the abilities are revealed and readers are longing for more information! A skill all best-selling writers possess.