Followers

Thursday 24 November 2011

Circle Quartet: Chapter 6

Chapter 6

This week is examination week. Most of us are busy studying in the library which is located near the basement. We have our own library and it’s bigger than the state library. Everything is here so there’s no need to waste our time going to the state library or school library. The shelves are high and ladders are provided. For the Black family, they just click their fingers and the books will fly to them. But I prefer climbing the ladder though.

I’m sitting with my twin cousins, Raven and Macie. They too are facing the examination just like me. Three of us are the final exams battlers – that’s what Uncle Yale called us since last week. This is my final year so I need to put more effort for it. My family is putting a high hope for me to get the flying colour results so I need to work harder than I used to be.

I can’t wait for the exams to end because after that I can obtain my freedom. No more high school for me! It’s not like I hate high school. But sometimes I want my life to be filled with adventure. And I know my real adventure will start when I step in the Vamp-High (It’s not the real name anyway). Raina has just obtained her freedom after spending most her free time cooking with Ace.

Both of them are mutual rival. They scream and shout at each other. Sometimes they have magical fight where they show how powerful they are. They can’t even sit together for one minute. There’s time when I joined them in the kitchen, Ace was complaining about Raina’s not-so-tasty-and-scrumptious beef stew. Then Raina gave her 100-miles shout at Ace. Then they fight, I mean a real fight. Both of them casted some spells and almost turn the kitchen into a battlefield. Luckily I was been able to stop them by hitting them on the face, hard.

Ace really took the opportunity to ‘torture’ Raina because she can’t use magic during her punishment week. Ace and Raina are the best spellcaster except for Raina sometimes being a little careless especially when she gets too excited or panic. Ace on the other hand is calm and good in analyzing the situation. That’s why Grandma Zelda loves him, I suppose. But Grandma loves all her grandchildren.

Beatrice has something to do in the Witch Academy so she’s not around so often. Sometimes I envy her because she’s talented, beautiful and strong. Grandma calls her ‘secret weapon’ because she already mastered most of the hard spells and she’s a fast learner. She has been into lots of mission since she went to the Witch Academy. I too have joined the mission with my cousins and Dad but only during the school break. The missions that I have joined were not as dangerous as Beatrice’s.

Now here I am sticking my nose to Physics textbook. I need to memorize all the formulas and understand the terms. I have five papers more before I obtain the absolute freedom – it’s not really absolute but I don’t care anyway. I chew the back tip of the 2B pencil – one of my bad habits since kindergarten. I love chewing the pencil because I like the taste of the wood. I usually have some chips to chew or anything to drink but this is the library so no food and drinks are allowed, even it is our home library. We have to abide the rules or Aunt Ada or Mom will turn us into dust-bunnies. They may sound cute but they are horrible.

I close the books that I studied since two hours ago and sigh. Physics is really, really hard and tough. My brain is almost explodes. Raven and Macie are still discussing about Science. Next year, they are going to be in Middle High School. Suddenly, there’s rush of wind blows our books and hairs. We yelp and I almost fall down from the chair as Sable appears.

“Hey! Watch for your going, Sable! You are destroying my hair!” shout Macie angrily as her hair crumples.

Sable, my youngest brother, runs very fast. Wherever he wants to go, he always runs. In school, he’s one of the famous athletes. Not to mention that he’s also talk fast.

Sable grins. “Sorry guys. I’ll make your hair up later.”

“Sable, what did I tell you about disturbing the girls?” I shot a death glare at him, hands on my hips.

“I’m sorry, Alice. I have news to tell you and they’re really, really important.” He talks fast. See, I told you?

“What news?” asks Raven who can picks up what is Sable trying to say.

“I have good news and I have bad news,” states Sable, word by word. He tries to catch his breath.

“Good news first,” I demand.

“Good news is Grandma Maegan will come here and she’ll stay for three days.”

I cheer. It’s been a while since Grandma Maegan came here to visit us. I seldom go to her mansion this year so I think this is the greatest opportunity to meet her and talk to her. Wait, there’s still another news that I want to know.

“And the bad news?”

“The bad news is your rival will be coming too…with Grandma Maegan.” Sable slowly walk backwards in case I burst into rage.

“What?” I shriek.

Raven and Macie quickly hide behind Sable. They know that I don’t like my rival. Why is he coming so soon? Why now? I’m not ready to face him yet. But I rather see him than seeing the lone-Wolf guy. But that’s not the matter. The matter now my rival is going to be here any minute.

“What time are they coming?” I ask.

Sable gulps. “This evening. In an hour.”

Oh, this is great. One minute struggling with Physics and next I’ll be having a nightmare. I left the library after re-arrange the reference books back on the shelves. I need Ace right now. I knock on his door and he invites me to come in. His room is much neater than mine.

“You have to pick up the dress for me. Grandma Meagan and my rival are coming in one hour,” I give him the order.

Ace stands up abruptly from his bed and claps his hand. Then we go to my room. I forgot to make the bed, again. Ace shakes his head as he sees my bed in a complete mess. I open my wardrobe and ask about his advice.

“Now, let’s see,” he scans my wardrobe and takes out few dresses. “Are you into formal or freestyle?”

“I don’t know whether the dinner will be formal. But I need a suitable dress,” I answer.

“How about the casual wear? I think dinner is not going to be formal. Only two guests of honour are coming. Here,” he takes out the white long sleeve tee with a cat painted on it and blue denim jeans, “that’s suit you for tonight.”

“Thanks so much, Ace,” I kiss him on the cheek. “I’ll treat you something after exams. I promise.”

“That’s what I like to hear from you, Alice. And by the way, good luck meeting with your mutual rival. I know exactly how you feel.” Ace pats on my shoulder, making his solemn face. I roll my eyes and waves goodbye.

I stare at the outfit that has been chosen by Ace. I hope that tonight is going to be good night. I look at the clock on my bed table. I have 45 minutes left. Time is running out! 

17 comments:

Inspector Saahab said...

vamp family seems prioritize education. HAHA.

and they are using 2B pencil too. and studying physics? or perhaps Alice's teacher is cikgu ain? hehe

and now, who's the rival? o.O hmmmm.

Ciklong said...

education is the top priority, thank u very much.

hahaha!! very funny! if teacher ain is Alice's teacher, she won't budge from the library until the next day.

wanna know who? i'll reveal it in the next chapter. wahahaha!!!

Inspector Saahab said...

yeap. nowadays, creatures are more aware about the importance of education.

( terpaksa guna creatures because in this case it's vamp, not human)

HAHA. lol

=.= i sense some suspense there

Ciklong said...

hey, they live in 21st century. of course education is crucial. they need the strength and the brain. cewah!!

suspen ke? good! good!

Inspector Saahab said...

HAHA

suspen enough.

Ciklong said...

oh ya, u gave me an idea just now. hehe. i'll create her physics teacher just like teacher ain. barulah gempak! what do u think?? hehe!

PC1667 said...

Somehow I can sense that Alice will be in love with her rival? Hee.

Ouch. Please update ASAP I can't wait! :D

Inspector Saahab said...

oh my. HAHA. dont u dare. HAHA

Ciklong said...

sis tiqa: hehe! you'll find out soon. ke nak bagi spoiler kat sini? hehe.

chakir: i'm going to do that! HAHA!

PC1667 said...

No no no I hate spoilers. It ruins the surprise. Sila sambung, I'll be waiting for the surprise :)

Ciklong said...

sis tiqa:

ok2. will do. but if you read from the beginning, again, you'll find out about the rival. hehe! (bagi clue sikit2)

PC1667 said...

Ohh I know I know ;) Is it the baseball guy? Funny. At first I thought the baseball guy is Stefan :D So it turns out wrong. Okay so please tell me his name in the next chapter hihihi :P

Ciklong said...

Actually the baseball guy is stefan. dia punya rival tu another person. you'll be shock when you know the real truth. haha!

PC1667 said...

Oh so it's true the baseball guy is Stefan after all :')

Haish ni yang makin suspens ni ^^

Mat Salah said...

i really do want to read every single of the chapters... but since the internet connection yang entah pape nie.. kecewa menguasai diri...

Ciklong said...

sis tiqa:

yup. tu je la spoilernya. yang rival tu kena kasi rahsia dulu. hehe. i'll update ASAP :)

mr. tapah:

it's okay. take your time. takkan lari blog dikejar. wakakaka!!

Taqiuddin said...

getting confused with Ace, is he a super-human? LOL I'm starting to like him already :) for 6 chapters, so many suspense, first, the blood thing and then robbery, grandma's anger, and now rival. I think the pace is too fast but I'm not complaining (or am I?) then again, maybe I'm the one who's reading this thing too fast