Followers

Monday 28 November 2011

Circle Quartet: Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Finally, it’s over! I tell you, it’s over! I’m the king of the world, no, I’m on top of the world. From now on, I can do whatever I want! Freedom! Oh, it’s beautiful! But before that, I need to clear my locker. This is my final year so there’s no need to leave my stuffs here. After shouting while jumping, saying that the exams are over with my other classmates, I run to the lockers. The others ask me to join them at the café but I refuse. I want to go home early as I can. The Principal gave the permission already.

I open my locker and my jaw drops. There are lot of stuffs in here. How can I not realize that? Think, Alice, think! There’s no way I can carry all of these on my bike. I take out the cell phone from my pocket. Now, who shall I call at this time? Ace? No. He told me that he has something to do with Sable today so maybe they’ll come back late. Beatrice? Oh, she has to train the new witches for the mission. Raina? No way! I think she’s gone shopping with Raven and Macie since they finished their exams yesterday. I tap the cell phone to my chin wondering who can pick me up. But I can’t leave my bike here.

“Are you going back?” I hear a voice not far from my locker and turn around. It’s Stefan! What is he doing here? And did he just talk to me? Or am I dreaming? I just can’t believe it! But I need to act normal. I don’t want to look stupid in front of him.

“Oh, it’s you. Yeah, I’m going back but I need to call someone first,” I tell him. “Are you going back too?”

He nods and approaches me. “That’s sure lot of stuffs. Want me to carry them to your home? I have my car at the car park,” he offers.

I’m really out of idea right now. Maybe I should accept his offer. Besides, he really wants to help me. “Uhh…sure. Thanks. But I need to find a box to pack all these stuffs.”

“No need. I have an extra box. You can have that,” he says and goes to his locker. He picks the box and hands it to me.

“Thanks,” I mutter and start to pack my stuffs. Stefan helps me too. I feel strange. Really strange. I’ve never been in this situation with Stefan before. He seldom talks and he never offer any help before.

He picks up the box after we have done cleaning my locker. Then I follow him to the car. Wait a minute, my bike!

“Stefan, umm…you head to my house first. I’m taking my bike.”

He stares at me.

“Stefan, is something wrong?” His animal instinct is super good. Maybe he senses a danger.

“N-no. I was wondering if I can put your bike in my car boot,” he blinks few times and turns away. Did he just blush? I shake my head. Something wrong with my brain, I guess.

“There’s no need. I can cycle back home,” I insist.

“Are you sure that’ll be okay with you?”

“Yeah, I’m fine with that.”

“Okay, then. We’ll meet at your house.”

He starts the engine while I run to my bike.

Stefan stays for lunch and this makes everybody happy. Stefan seldom comes here let alone having lunch together with us. Aunt Ada and Mom cook their best meals just because there’s only one Wolf guest in the house.

My little cousins enjoy their lunch with Stefan. I don’t know that he attracts the kids. They love talking with Stefan and this is the first time I see him talking with children.

“Stefan, are you a vampire too?” asks my 9-year-old cousin, Lacey.

“No. I’m a werewolf,” answers Stefan.

“I know, I know. You can turn into a werewolf, right?” Lacey grins. Stefan nods. “Can you turn into a puppy?”

“Lacey, how many times I told you not to ask something ridiculous?” says Aunt Nadine with an angry face.

“Sorry,” Lacey mutters and looks down. Then Stefan picks her up on his laps.

“Lacey, I can’t turn into a puppy. But I can buy you one,” he says and Lacey cheers. Then my other cousin, Sabrina tugs Stefan’s arm and tells him that she wants a puppy too with brown in colour.

Poor Stefan. Now he has to find two puppies for my cousins. Aunt Nadine hushes them and apologizes to Stefan. Not long after that, Stefan excuses himself to leave. I’m going to see him again this coming Thursday for Graduation Day.


I yawn few times and stretch my neck. How long the Principal is going to end his speech? He takes twenty minutes just to tell us about his past life. I don’t want to know about his life. I want this ceremony will be over so that I can throw up my mortar board. I look around and my eyes meet Stefan’s. He, too, seems a little bored but he flashes his smirks at me. It nearly makes my heart melts. No one can resist that smile!

I clear my throat and try to concentrate on what the Principal is going to say. Then he ends his speech after blabbering for about 30 minutes. I think it’s more than that. Then the graduation ceremony begins. The emcee calls out the names in alphabetical order and my name is the third one. I smile to the camera as I take the certificate. I also get the award of the best Volleyball player for two years. Stefan gets the best pitcher. After the ceremony ends, we all go out from the hall and take pictures. My friends and I throw our mortar board in the air and hug with each other for I won’t be able to see them again. I tell them that I’m going to Europe and that of course is a plain lie. I’m not going to Europe actually.

My family treats me at the finest restaurant in town, together with the Silvers. Mr. Azure is Dad’s best friend since they’re kindergarten. I still don’t get how a vampire and a werewolf can be best friend. Aren’t they supposed to be mutual enemy? But I’m not interested with that right now. The foods are more important because Mom says I can eat whatever I want. This is the right time to dig them all!

We go back home after that and I jump joyfully on my bed. I’m going to stay up late tonight. But I go to the basement first to get my supplies from Jeff. There are six bottles left. I open the cork and put the straw in it. I take a sip and yes, this is an absolute pleasure. I go to my room, switch on my laptop while sipping the blood. I check my e-mail and there’s no mail from Jeff. Maybe he’s busy or on his mission. I mail him, telling him about my graduation day. I write to him as long as I want. Maybe I can pay him a visit.

I open my Facebook and chat with my friends. I have almost thousand friends and I’m satisfied with it. As I am busy chatting, a beeping sound beeps from my laptop. I receive an e-mail. Maybe it’s from Jeff. I quickly click to my e-mail and look at the inbox. It’s not from Jeff but it’s from Grandma Zelda. My eyes are widening as I read the content of the e-mail. I receive an invitation, a very important invitation that I’ve been waiting for. An invitation to the Circle!

18 comments:

Inspector Saahab said...

OMG ur lil cousins are so funny

OMG ur principal sounds so like Hj Lah =.=

OMG volleybal? and pitcher? haha nice

OMG miss Lily, sigh -..-

Ciklong said...

HAHAHAHHAHA!!! too many OMGs.

1)my lil cousins are so funny!

2)principal sounds like Hj Lah. coincidence je tu ^_^

3)best pitcher is you so you can be Stefan. kuang! kuang! kuang! i'll make sure that u look macho!

4) miss Lily???

Inspector Saahab said...

1. yeah they're funny
2. sngatla coincidence
3. nice. weet weet
4. u shouted it didnt u?

Ciklong said...

no, it's not me! ada org nak hack ke blog ni? wuih! jangan!!!

bila tcer baca smula, mmg Principal tu macam Hj Lah. haha! tapi tak de niat pun nk samakan principal dgn Hj Lah. mostly Principal mmg gitu. haha!

Inspector Saahab said...

mostly principal macam tuh. yeah. tp diorang tak ulang kot cerita buah ceri dan buah anggur smpai the whole floor can tell it again in every single details -.-

Ciklong said...

hahahaha!!! u still remember that?? tahun ni dia cerita lain pulak. tapi tak la selalu ulang benda yg sama.

ish2. kita ni dah kira ngumpat kat principal kita ni. hehe!

Inspector Saahab said...

of course la ingat. ok we better stop now.

by the way, batch kitorang ade blog. handled by me, mr tapah(shafiq kauzi) n akak kawasan (alia)

feel free to hit us :)
http://kopurians0910.blogspot.com/

Ciklong said...

really??? cool. after kursus then i'll hit your blog. tomorrow kena pergi Melaka. for three days! so, kena rancang nak tulis apa for chapter 9 nnt. must make it interesting sebab dah nak masuk part adventure.

kenapa alia jadi akak kawasan?? kuikui!

Inspector Saahab said...

melaka? wow best nya kursus. HAHA

tak tahu la, pengaruh kl ganngster. GELARAN AHLI PEKIDA=.=

Ciklong said...

best kot. tapi esok nak pergi zoo melaka dulu. haha!!

tcer dah komen kat blog kopurians tu. hehe. best!

alia mmg cepat terpengaruh. nnt pengaruh dia jadi follower tcer ek?? kehkeh!

Inspector Saahab said...

no probs. small matter. eheh

PC1667 said...

1. Graduation
2. Got a smile from Stefan
3. Got an invitation to the Circle.

Triple luck in a day! :D

Ciklong said...

chakir:

yeah! thankies~~~!!

sis tiqa:

1. school is over!
2. Stefan seldom smile so i think it might be cute when he smiles. hehe
3. u'll know about the Circle soon.

i think i should describe more on Stefan and Jeff, what do u think??

PC1667 said...

Why yes, please do so :) I'd like to know more about them. Make sure akak describe diorang really hot and hunky ya muehehe :P

Parmita said...

Stefan is such a cutie pie in this chapter. Seems like Stefan and Alice have future prospects together huh.

I am so glad that you didn’t go the clichéd way with your female lead. Most of the stories with a similar genre as that of yours, end up having female leads who only dream of prince charming and have no backbone (I absolutely despise such wimpy female leads). Alice is definitely one of the finest female leads who is sporty, smart and wants to make the best of her abilities.

Good job at that!

Ciklong said...

sis tiqa: i'll do that! haha!

sui:

cutie pie? haha. i really want to make Stefan has a cutie spot even though he's kind of a serious person.

actually, i don't like the kind of female lead just like you mention it, too. Alice won't fall in love for a tough guy that easy. haha. thanks for the compliment :)

Taqiuddin said...

She complained about a 30 minute speech? Wait 'till she hears Hj Abdullah's speech LOL. A relaxing chapter but a little curiosity sparkled about Stefan, I though it was Stephan -__-" anyway, can I add her on facebook?

Ra said...

Kyaaaaaaa,i kinda like Stefan *u* :p hehe