Followers

Saturday 11 August 2012

Circle Quartet: 43


Chapter 43

Tonight is my birthday! I wake up an hour earlier than usual – it’s winter so the night time is kind of long. I’m thinking of throwing a party, maybe a small party since Alse had destroyed some parts of this Academy, including the Dining Hall – but half of the damages were rebuild two days ago. When I was small, Mom and Dad will throw a surprise party for me, and Stefan. The best part of it, we could choose any cakes that we want – of course I chose chocolate cake. And the birthday party is still going on until today.

I discuss with Jeff what to do for tonight. We’re planning to make a surprise party for them since they’re not so happy in this past two days. Everybody is busy with re-constructing the damage – but for the Wizards and Witches, the work is much easier, just cast some spells and things get back to normal. I also helped the librarian to re-arrange and sort the books. I also volunteer to give help at the Healing Chamber as well as visiting Joseph who is recovering day by day.

And now here I am, thinking of what kind of foods that need to be served for my birthday party.

“How about simple delicacies? We don’t have to think of the supreme foods. Simple is better and it doesn’t take much time. I can help you with the cakes,” says Jeff as I’m scribbling the recipes on a rough paper.

“Okay, simple is nice. But we need some people to help us. We can’t prepare all those things by ourselves. Stefan said that he’ll do the decoration, which I highly doubt it. Ace will do the cooking – but I haven’t consult with him yet. And Beatrice and Saffron will help me with the dress,” I scribble those three name on the paper. “How’s that?” I turn to Jeff who is leaning against the wall beside my study table.

“That’s great. All we need is to consult Ace and tell those guys not to spread the word, not until 12 midnight tonight. I’ve checked the Dining Hall this morning and afternoon. They won’t use it until it is completely re-build,” smiles Jeff.

“Good! Let’s consult Ace at once!” I grab Jeff’s hand and teleport to Ace’s room where he shares it with Sable. And thank God, Sable is not here. If not, he’s definitely going to spread this whole plan. Sable is not good in keeping little secrets.

Ace is lying on the bed, reading comics. He’s taken aback by my presence. After that, I tell him about my plan and he agrees to help me with cooking. He says that he’s going to make a special chocolate cake, just for me.

We don’t take much time to decorate the Dining Hall. Most of the Elders are having discussion upon Alse who will come back sooner or later. I know that she’ll come back to get her revenge but there’s no way I’m going to cancel my birthday party! At least I’ll have some fun before facing her for good.

Beatrice and Saffron are very helpful in choosing the right attire for me. This time I don’t wear gown or anything with skirt. I’m wearing my vampire suit and yes, it is perfect! We gather at the Dining Hall 15 minutes before midnight. Most of the clans are already there, taking their seats. I wave at Stefan who is talking with Zayne and they compliment my look. Stefan wears his best werewolf attire and I really love seeing him in his black leather jacket and black jeans. The Elders enter the Dining Hall few minutes later and they’re very shock to see the decorations. Even Mom and Dad slightly forgotten about my birthday today!

Stefan and I stand on a mini stage, made by Nash and Tavis. Ace pushes a food trolley where he puts the cakes on. All of them sing ‘Happy Birthday’ song delightfully. Stefan and I blow the candle and make a wish. Then the hall is filled with round of applause. Then the eating ceremony begins. Grandma Zelda and Grandma Maegan enjoy the meal, made special by Ace himself.

Stefan and I receive lots of present and we are still waiting for the special gift soon. Suddenly, the ground begins to shake menacingly. All of us are starting to get panic. Then, we hear an evil cackling right from below. It’s Alse! She’s going to ruin my birthday party!

“Well, well, well. What do I see here? A party!” she smirks as she looks around.

“You finally came,” says Grandma Zelda calmly.

“Of course, Zelda. I don’t want to miss this lovable party. You know I love to go to parties. I always got the invitation back then,” she looks at Grandma Zelda and scowls. “But I didn’t get the invitation this time. Too bad for you for not inviting me.”

“Who wants to invite an old devil hag like you, Alse?” shouts Granddaddy Saba.

Alse chuckles. “You never change, Saba. Do you think a low life like you can stop me? You’re too old for that, the four of you. And your children, they aren’t strong enough to fight me.”

“Don’t get so cocky,” says Grandma Zelda.

Alse throws her head back and laughs. “Is that a joke? Zelda, dear, you should know me better,” Alse stops laughing and smile evilly. “I’m the strongest Witch in this universe and no one can stop me now. I’m more powerful than you can ever imagine.”

Alse walks slowly towards us and her evil smile never fade from her face. The Elders order everyone to leave the Dining Hall. They are ready to encounter the attack. Alse stops on her way and swings her right hands. In one blink, half of the Dining Hall is ruined. Lucky for us that Mom and Aunt Ada create the shield for us.

Dad and Uncle Azure whisper to me and Stefan to get out of here quickly before Alse knows it. I look at Stefan and he nods. I summon Jeff from my necklace and he’ll show us the way. Stefan and I quickly slip off from the crowd and we head to the Sacred Fountain as Jeff tells us to go there.


This place is bright as tonight is the full moon. Stefan and I walk towards the fountain where the crystal water flows gently. This is the Sacred Water where it will appear during full moon.

“Both of you need to drink the water," says Jeff.

“I want to say this before it’s too late,” says Stefan as he puts his hand on my shoulder. “Happy birthday, Alice.” He kisses my forehead.

It makes me stun for a while. I thought he wants to kiss on my lips.

“Yeah, happy birthday to you, too, Stefan,” I hug him.

“I’ll save my last kiss for the special occasion,” he pats on my head. And now I’m blushing!

“Okay, lovebirds. Time to drink the water,” Jeff clears his throat. Stefan and I chuckle. We scoop the water with our hands and drink it.

It tastes funny – I never drink this kind of water before. Then, I get this funny feeling inside my body. Is it true this water is sacred? Because I think I have a little headache.

“Biparita Mauntena Kristala!”

Suddenly a barrier appears around us! We’re trap!

2 comments:

Parmita said...

Wahh!!! :0
It's such a thrilling chapter. Poor Alice! To have her birthday party ruined like this. :'(
She and Stefan are in for trouble it seems. The last line left me wondering of what will happen to them. Are they caught by Alse or did they manage to escape? That's a billion dollar question now.

I want to know what'll happen next but I also don't want this amazing story to end. You said that this story is coming to an end and you will be writing another one. Will you post the other story as well? I hope that you do otherwise I'll be sad without your amusing fantasy tales to read.

Stefan was so sweet with Alice. They are a cute couple. I hope for their well being (even if they are fictitious character).

I eagerly await the release of next chapter.

Well done buddy! Keep it up! <3

Ciklong said...

Sui:

I took more than 3 days to write this chapter. Alse managed to trap them both and both of them need to fight Alse to get out of the trap. Alse really, really wanted to kill them both to get their blood for her eternal youth. and there'll be a hidden secret will be revealed.

for the new story, i'll post in this blog, of course. don't worry. the next story is not fantasy but more towards brotherhood and family bonds. i want to try to write that kind of genre...hehe.

Alice and Stefan is going to be together forever. Alice is starting to love Stefan even more >.<

I'll post the next chapter as soon as possible. thanks for the comment buddy! <3 <3