Followers

Saturday 18 August 2012

Circle Quartet: 44


Chapter 44

“Aww…looks like poor little puppies got trap,” says Alse mockingly.

I hate this kind of situation. How can I be so careless? I should have been more careful since she can sense me and also Stefan.

Stefan stands with me, side by side, ready to encounter Alse’s next attack.

“You want to play brave, don’t you, little brats?” she scowls at us. “Guess what? I won’t kill both of you in an instant – since I have this golden chance, trapping both of you here. I’ll torture two of you slowly, until you shred to tears!”

She said ‘two of us’? That’s mean she can’t see Jeff who is standing beside me. Great!

“Get ready, Alice! She’s going to attack!” warns Stefan but he still doesn’t change into werewolf.

The barrier is quite spacious so I think we can move around a little bit. We jump high in the air as Alse throws two red flaming balls towards us. I use my strength to attack her back but she’s not easy to defeat. She must have some tricks under her sleeves.

I throw some punches and kicks towards her but she dodges them easily. Stefan quietly moves behind her back and attacks her from behind but she seems she has eyes at the back of her head. She catches Stefan’s foot as he’s trying to kick her and throws him down on the ground. Stefan coughs blood as his back hit the ground.

“Stefan!” I shout and kick Alse on the head and send her flying to the corner. I help Stefan to get up. He groans in pain as he tries to get up.

“She’s stronger than I thought,” says Stefan, wiping the blood from his mouth.

“We have to be careful. I don’t think my kick just now can hurt her,” I sheath my double swords.

Alse stands up and cracks her neck. “That wasn’t so bad. You have a very good kick, Alice.” Then she points her index finger to us. “Sevurzans Murniya!”

An electric current flows directly towards us. Stefan quickly pushes me aside until I tumble on the ground. Then he screams in pain.

I shout in rage and dash towards Alse and swing both of my swords to attack her. I finally manage to scratch her arms. Black blood drips from her injured arm. And now she’s mad. She mutters a spell and her fingers become long and sharp, just like the night that Jeff died. I need to be careful.

We fight for more than 10 minutes until we’re out of breath. I got some scratches on my arms and legs. Lucky me the scratches are not too serious because Jeff fought along and at the same time he healed me. Even though I fight Alse by using all my strength but she seems she’s not in bad shape.

Stefan can barely stand now and he’s panting hard. I crouch next to him, trying to help him stand. Alse is laughing her head off, seeing us in this kind of situation. Her wounds are now healed. Jeff whispers something to my ears and I whisper it back to Stefan.

“Alice! Stefan!”

I hear someone shouting out our names. Dad and the rest are running towards us.

“We’ll save you!” shouts Granddaddy Saba.

“So, you managed to escape my Dark Fences,” Alse turns to them with unsatisfied face.

“That was easy to break,” Ace smirks and so as Sable. Those two are very good in breaking any barriers and shields.

“But you’ll never save them inside here,” Alse chuckles.

Then Grandma Zelda, Grandma Tanya and Grandma Maegan step in front. I think they’re going to barge through this stupid barrier. I don’t know how long Stefan can bear the pain because he’s getting weaker and I’m running out of energy. I need to consume more blood and I need to get out of here!

“Well, well, well, look likes my own sister and her best friends want to stop me,” Alse puts her hands on her hips. “Interesting. You think you can stop me, Zelda? I’m much stronger than you can ever imagine. Once I get the blood from these two little brats, I will annihilate all of you. I’ll wipe out all the entire clans and rule this world!” She laughs evilly.

“You never change, Alse. You never change,” Grandma Maegan shakes her head slowly. “You think that you’re unstoppable but you’re wrong.”

“Alice and Stefan will stop your evil doings! They are going to crush your lunatic dreams!” says Grandma Zelda firmly.

This time, Alse laughs harder.

“Alice and Stefan? Look at them,” she points to us. “They can’t even move. Besides, do you want me to tell her the truth?” she glances at me and turns to Grandma Zelda. “I know that you’re still hiding that secret from her.”

I turn to Grandma Zelda. Her eyes widen in shock as Alse mentioned about the secret just now.

“Grandma, what is she talking about? What secret?” I ask. Thank goodness this barrier is not sound proof.

Grandma Zelda just stares at me, and so the rest of the elders who are standing behind. I don’t like the look on their faces.

“Do you want to know, little Alice?” asks Alse in a gentle voice. “I’ll tell you the little secret since your grandmother can’t say any word.”

“Alice, don’t listen to her!” Mom warns me.

“You must know the truth, Alice. You are not the real daughter of Zavier Amber. You are not the genuine vampire to begin with,” says Alse, ignoring those people outside of the barrier, especially Mom and Dad who are trying to stop her from revealing the little secret.

“What do you mean I’m not my Dad’s daughter?” I ask curiously.

“You were human before you became a vampire,” Alse smirks.

Tell me this is a lie!

2 comments:

Parmita said...

That is such a shocker! :O
I could never have imagined that Alice was a human once. What a twist! Can't wait to know the rest.

Happy Eid to you Fei! I hope that you have a great time celebrating this auspicious day! :)

Ciklong said...

Sui:

hey there, buddy!
this chapter is kinda short actually...hehe. but i manage to reveal some clues about Alice. Alse will reveal all the truth about Alice and why she wanted Alice's blood so badly.

I'll write the next chapter as soon as possible. i have a great Eid with my family and relatives. there are lots of wedding ceremonies to attend for the next three days.