Followers

Wednesday 28 December 2011

Ghost Story #2

Year: 1990

This thing happened after the orang-utan ghouls incident. No one said a word about that anymore although that 'thing' was still there. I never played under the house again even in the morning. I never dared to take a peep under the house.

Every night, my late grandmother will go to the mosque which is the opposite side of the road. But that night, she wasn't quite well so she stayed home and looked after us. She usually performed her prayers in her room. In that house, there's only two small rooms. The living room was the biggest because there was only an old TV set on the corner. No sofas, no dining table.

My parents went to my other relative's that night and they only brought my brother along. I stayed at my late grandmother's house with my cousins. We played among ourselves; rolling, giggling. Then my cousin started to tell ghost stories. His sister warned him not to tell ghost stories anymore but he was very stubborn. He told about 'nenek kebayan' (the term for witch in Malays) and she liked to eat little children.

I didn't feel anything as he continued talking about 'nenek kebayan' because I knew that he was telling lies. He asked me if I was scared or not but I shook my head. His story didn't make any sense to me. Suddenly, someone knocked on the door. We were taken aback and my female cousin - she was 2 years older than me, braved herself to ask who was knocking. It became silence. I thought that somebody was making a prank.

Then the door has been knocked again. This time it was louder. But it stopped after knocking five times. We stared at each other and shrugged. That time, I heard a cackle. It sounded like an old woman's cackle. I asked my cousins whether they head the sound but they didn't hear anything. Then I heard a voice of old woman, calling out my name. I was so scared so I ran to my grandmother's room. She was praying at that time. My cousins rushed to the room too.

After my grandmother finished praying, she scolded us because we made lots of noises. We told her about the knocking door and I told her that I heard an old woman's cackle. But my grandmother won't believe us and told us to go to sleep. We decided to sleep with her. 

I was awaken in the middle of the night. It was dark for my grandmother switched off the lamp. When I tried to get back to sleep, I heard that woman's voice again, calling my name. It's getting louder and louder. I covered my ears and I could heard her laughter.

13 comments:

Inspector Saahab said...

i'm not scared at all but it really reminds me my childhood. we used, me siblings and cousins used to stay in granny house during holidays.

but then there was one time, at night i brought dvd player to granny's house, well it is juts 15 M from my house and one night we watched JU-On !!

but we didn't finish watching. our minds was beyond paranormal things, worse and we continued watching on the next morning. that night we can't sleep. we end up playing jutaRia and somehow i just fell asleep.

Ciklong said...

JU-ON. hahaha!! i watched the all the three movies. my cousins are all scared to watch but i'm the one who is not because i don't even understand what the movie is going to show us.

normally, when i watched horror movies, i laughed if the ghost showed up. hahaha!! that's why i can't watch horror movies at the cinema :)

Taqiuddin said...

"His sister warned him to tell ghost stories anymore but he was very stubborn"

do you mean

"His sister warned him not to tell ghost stories anymore but he was very stubborn"

and

"He told about 'nenek kebayan' (witch for Malays) and she liked to eat little children."

do you mean

"He told about 'nenek kebayan' (the term for witches in Malay) and she liked to eat little children.

also

"braved herself to ask he was knocking."

do you mean

"braved herself to ask who was knocking."


For some reason, when I experienced something like that (but never did I experienced facing a ghost directly though), only curiosity sparked and a little surprised -__-"

And the only scary movie that amused me is Final Destinations

P.S. I'm not asking to met any (but I do wanna interview them if I ever meet them, if I don't runaway screaming like a little girl, anyway)

Ciklong said...

farid: thank u, thank u, thank u for the corrections! haha! u can be my editor for this ghost story.

u wanna interview them? i can recommend one good guy for ya! haha!

Parmita said...

I don't know why but I have never been scared of horror stories. I am weird in the sense that I end up laughing if I ever watch or read horror stories. I sometimes find myself more horrific than the scary movies. Muhahahaha! :vD

Mat Salah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mat Salah said...

woooo~... when i was a little kid, i used to watched ghost movie with my cousins in the middle of the night... sundang bolong, mat lampir, pontianak apa entah movie were famous that time...

then, when i wanted to go to the toilet, one of my cousin had to keep me company and he will wait in the toilet but outside of the room... hahaha.. :$

and i had to do the same when he needed to do his job... :O

Ciklong said...

sui: same here. i don't know why i laugh at the ghost! haha! :-)

Prime Aque said...

I am scared, yes, If I were you that time I would be totally scared my friend, thank you for sharing this to us, I enjoy reading :)

Ciklong said...

prime: thank you for visiting my blog!

well, yeah, it was scary that time. lucky me that the house had been sold.

thanks again for reading my post. and please comment on my story if u read it :)

Ciklong said...

mr tapah:

during my time when i was in primary school, the malay ghost dramas/movies were much better than nowadays. i still remember all those movies that i watched and they gave a very big impact to me until now. hehe

Taqiuddin said...

if you have a good candidate, sure. I'll make sure it'll be published in The Star's newspaper ^^

Ciklong said...

farid: yeah, right!! hahahaha!! i'll try to find one ;-)